Columbus Tusk Light Forks
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
- Columbus has been designing and producing fork blades and steering columns for forks since 1900.
- During this time Columbus has increased its knowledge to correctly define every functional aspect of a fork, thoroughly calculating the optimum side and frontal strength parameters, without forgetting aesthetics and lightness
- High Modulus carbon fibre
- Full carbon steerer
- Crown in forged 6061 aluminium alloy
- Suitable for Integrated head tube
- Profiled Carbon fork blades
- Forged 6061 alloy drop outs
- Rake - 45mm
- Weight - 580g with 300mm uncut steerer
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail Std. Airmail 5-10 Days: $14.95
Royal Mails standard Airmail service. Worldwide delivery at a very good price, no tracking. Handed over to your countries own national delivery service once past customs. Delivery time - allow up to 10 days for non EU countries
Royal Mail Priorty Airmail 4-8 days: $18.69
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 4-8 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
Great looking forks - stiff in the steerer and does a good job removing some of the road vibrations. A little heavy at around 650 grams but they do the job. Also a great price!
I have now done about 100 miles with thee forks on the bike and am 100% satisfied with them. A specialized dealer recommended them as a replacement for their forks with the Zertz inserts as they have the same geometry, and the bike seems to feel exactly as it did with those on it. They are black and shiny. I'm not sure whether I like the way the makers name is applied, but that's just my taste and I don't look at it whilst riding anyway.
My only reservation came on unpacking them - after reading about Columbus' illustrious pedigree and credentials as forkmakers, I was disappointed to find a "Made in China" label on them, but I suppose that's the way it is.
And a word of advice, from the mechanic who fitted them. If you are, as he was, replacing forks with an alloy steerer, with one of carbon, you need to change the locking clamp as the one for alloy will damage the carbon.
That's not a criticism of the product or the supplier, but needs pointing out as it could cause serious problems.
Overall though, a good product on the face of it, at an excelent price. Quick delivery too. Thanks Merlin.