Continental Grand Prix GT Folding Road Tyre
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
- One for the 'Grand Tours'
- If you like the reliability of Gator Hardshell but also want the performance of a GP4000S BlackChili compound, then this could be the tyre for you!
- Ideally suited to sportive riders, the secret is in the design:
- An extra-wide PolyX Breaker protects against thorns, glass and other sharp objects whilst a continuous 3 ply casing gives 50% more sidewall thickness without adding much weight.
- These features earn the endorsement GT (Grand Tour), earmarking the tyre for sportives, marathons and multi-day events. Black Chili compound and the tried and tested Grand Prix profile offer outstanding grip and handling characteristics. .
- Combining the tough Hardshell casing with BlackChili compound performance
- PolyX Breaker® anti puncture extra wide layer beneath tread
- Ideal for fans of the longer sportives who require extra reliability without losing tread performance
- 50% thicker sidewall than the standard Grand Prix
700 x 25mm, Weight 250g
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $8.12
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail Std. Airmail 5-10 Days: $8.12
Royal Mails standard Airmail service. Worldwide delivery at a very good price, no tracking. Handed over to your countries own national delivery service once past customs. Delivery time - allow up to 10 days for non EU countries
Royal Mail Priorty Airmail 4-8 Days: $16.24
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 4-8 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
Bought a pair of these last year. Covered just over 4k miles on them but the rear tyre was starting to look a bit rough. Never punctured once - ride on a night and through winter so puncture protection is important to me.
Great tire, has a strong grip on the pavement and appears to be quite resilient! No problems yet!
Good tyre. Surprisingly grippy and fast.
Great tyre, bought a pair of these 9 months ago and no punctures so got these for a very good price. Arrived less than 48 hours later.
I was in a 250 mile race (in which I punctured twice, and then my spoke was broken) with constant rain. Everybody except the winner of the race punctured several times, some up to ten times. The winner of the race went on the GT's. Since then I wanted these tyres as well!
Excellent value for money, just got my 2nd pair after. Previous pair were on 4000 km and going strong before I wrecked them by running over a bottle at high speed. Service from Merlin is always great.
These are brilliant tyres. As a club cyclist I cover lots of miles and in all weather conditions. I put a set on my winter/daily commuter bike at the start of last winter and have only had one puncture since last October which was quite recently and caused by a large piece of glass. Initially they feel a bit sticky and slow but after a couple of days they start rolling really really well. I had to stock up at Merlin as they had them on offer at an unbeatable 50% off . To sum up these are fast, durable, and quite comfortable tyres that seem, judging by the lack of reviews everywhere, to have ducked under most peoples radar.Highly recommended.