Dahon Vitesse D8 Folding Bike 2014
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
The Dahon Vitesse D8 has updated the popular Vitesse frame, with the new Neo’s 8-speed shifting, developed just for the Dahon Folding Frames. The easy folding system makes this a perfect bike for life in the busy modern world, without having to sacrifice on cycling performance.
The Dahon Vitesse D8 Specification
- Frame: Dalloy, custom drawn Sonus tubing, lattice forged hinge, Fusion and Vicegrip technology
- Fork: Integrated patented fusion technology
- Handlepost: Forged alloy, radius telescope adjustable, fusion and v-clamp technology
- Rims: 20” Lightweight aluminium
- Handlebar: 6061-t6 Alloy, flat
- Headset: Fusion+, zero stack, cartridge bearing
- Grips: Two colour, Ergonomic
- Saddle: Comfort, w/ Dahon logo
- Seatpost: 34 mm x 580 mm alloy, forged alloy clamp, micro adjust
- Seat clamp: Covert, high leverage design
- Brakes: Alloy, v-brake, 110 mm
- Brake levers: 3 finger, nylon bracket, alloy lever
- Brake cables: Livewire 5.0, anti-compression housing,
- Slick cables: Dupont L3 lubricant, alloy ferrules
- Front hub: Alloy, mini, sealed bearings
- Rear hub: Alloy, cassette, sealed bearings
- Spokes: 18/8 ga Stainless Steel
- Rims: 20" x 1.5" Alloy singlewall, anodized, ground sidewalls
- Tyres: Kommuter, 20" x 1.75", w/ Dahon logo, reflective stripe
- Shifter(s): Neos 8 speed, indexed, w/ Dahon logo
- Rear derailleur: Neos 8 speed, Dahon special edition
- Crankset: Forged alloy 6061 arms, double chainguard, 52t
- Freewheel: 8 Speed cassette, 11-32t
- Bottom bracket: Sealed bearing, square taper w/ bolt
- Chain: Indexed for 8 speed
- Pedals: Folding, pc body - pc cage
- Shift cables: Livewire 5.0, anti-compression housing, slick cables, dupont l3 lubricant, alloy ferrules
- Kickstand/support bracket: Alloy, single, centre mount
- Luggage socket: Frame integrated
- Clip System: Patented system
- Suggested Rider Height: 142 - 193 cm (4'8" - 6'4")
- Max. Rider Weight: 105 kg (230 lbs)
Dahon – Freedom Unfolds
- Estimated delivery transit time: 6-10 Days Limited Tracking
TNTPost Global Pack 6-10 Days Limited Tracking: $0.00
TNT Post is an economy international service. Delivery times for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries are around 7-15 workings days. Parcels are trackable online.
UPS International Express 2-4 Days Full Tracking: $46.88
UPS premium international service. Delivered door to door by UPS so very reliable and easily trackable. Delivery times for most countries is around 2-4 working days.
I wasnt sure about buying my first bike online before, so I rang Merlin up first to physically speak to a Customer Service Representative. The woman on the other end of the line was polite, informational and put all my concerns to rest, answering all my security concerns and courier questions. I placed the order online, going though rigorous security steps before divulging any financial info (always a reassuring site with any online purchase). I received a confirmation email almost instantly. Happy. The folding bike (Dahon Vitesse) arrived boxed and pretty much fully assembled only requiring the pedals to be spannered on and the tyres inflated a slight bit more. Very well packed with care taken to protect the bikes more delicate parts. I took the bike to local bike store to give it a once over before first ride, no problems detected from them, took it for a spin and it rides like a dream and folds away so conveniently. I have had the bike for two weeks so far and am happy with the way it rides on my 6 mile round commute to and from work. I would purchase from Merlin again knowing I can trust the service not to mention I got the bike 25% less than it cost in Halfords. Win Win!! All in all great site.
The 2 bikes are as advertised complete with mudguards and pannier rack fitted. They are light-weight, easy to assemble and adjust and fold easily and we can fit both into the boot of our small car (Micra). They are comfortable to ride and we are particularly pleased with the 8 gears which can be changed with minimum effort. Overall we are delighted with our purchase.
Good fun to ride. Very good value for money with mud guards and luggage rack.
Quick to fold and build back up. I like having rear mech rather then hub gears so adjustments and maintenance are easy. Light compared to other folders. 8 speed gear just enough for what I need it for, although there are some big jumps between ratios at times. But nothing that really bothers me. Front end is a bit frisky compared to standard bikes so worth spending time getting used to the handling. yes would recommend to people looking for a folder without breaking the bank to buy one!