Dahon Vitesse D8 Folding Bike 2014
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
The Dahon Vitesse D8 has updated the popular Vitesse frame, with the new Neo’s 8-speed shifting, developed just for the Dahon Folding Frames. The easy folding system makes this a perfect bike for life in the busy modern world, without having to sacrifice on cycling performance.
The Dahon Vitesse D8 Specification
- Frame: Dalloy, custom drawn Sonus tubing, lattice forged hinge, Fusion and Vicegrip technology
- Fork: Integrated patented fusion technology
- Handlepost: Forged alloy, radius telescope adjustable, fusion and v-clamp technology
- Rims: 20” Lightweight aluminium
- Handlebar: 6061-t6 Alloy, flat
- Headset: Fusion+, zero stack, cartridge bearing
- Grips: Two colour, Ergonomic
- Saddle: Comfort, w/ Dahon logo
- Seatpost: 34 mm x 580 mm alloy, forged alloy clamp, micro adjust
- Seat clamp: Covert, high leverage design
- Brakes: Alloy, v-brake, 110 mm
- Brake levers: 3 finger, nylon bracket, alloy lever
- Brake cables: Livewire 5.0, anti-compression housing,
- Slick cables: Dupont L3 lubricant, alloy ferrules
- Front hub: Alloy, mini, sealed bearings
- Rear hub: Alloy, cassette, sealed bearings
- Spokes: 18/8 ga Stainless Steel
- Rims: 20" x 1.5" Alloy singlewall, anodized, ground sidewalls
- Tyres: Kommuter, 20" x 1.75", w/ Dahon logo, reflective stripe
- Shifter(s): Neos 8 speed, indexed, w/ Dahon logo
- Rear derailleur: Neos 8 speed, Dahon special edition
- Crankset: Forged alloy 6061 arms, double chainguard, 52t
- Freewheel: 8 Speed cassette, 11-32t
- Bottom bracket: Sealed bearing, square taper w/ bolt
- Chain: Indexed for 8 speed
- Pedals: Folding, pc body - pc cage
- Shift cables: Livewire 5.0, anti-compression housing, slick cables, dupont l3 lubricant, alloy ferrules
- Kickstand/support bracket: Alloy, single, centre mount
- Luggage socket: Frame integrated
- Clip System: Patented system
- Suggested Rider Height: 142 - 193 cm (4'8" - 6'4")
- Max. Rider Weight: 105 kg (230 lbs)
Dahon – Freedom Unfolds
- Estimated delivery transit time: 6-10 Days Limited Tracking
TNTPost Global Pack 6-10 Days Limited Tracking: $0.00
TNT Post is an economy international service. Delivery times for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries are around 7-15 workings days. Parcels are trackable online.
UPS International Express 2-4 Days Full Tracking: $48.27
UPS premium international service. Delivered door to door by UPS so very reliable and easily trackable. Delivery times for most countries is around 2-4 working days.
The 2 bikes are as advertised complete with mudguards and pannier rack fitted. They are light-weight, easy to assemble and adjust and fold easily and we can fit both into the boot of our small car (Micra). They are comfortable to ride and we are particularly pleased with the 8 gears which can be changed with minimum effort. Overall we are delighted with our purchase.
Good fun to ride. Very good value for money with mud guards and luggage rack.
Quick to fold and build back up. I like having rear mech rather then hub gears so adjustments and maintenance are easy. Light compared to other folders. 8 speed gear just enough for what I need it for, although there are some big jumps between ratios at times. But nothing that really bothers me. Front end is a bit frisky compared to standard bikes so worth spending time getting used to the handling. yes would recommend to people looking for a folder without breaking the bank to buy one!