e.thirteen XCX XC & Cyclocross Top Guide 32-42T BB Mount
e*thirteen components is proud to release the XCX, a chain retention system literally years in the making. Like all e*thirteen products, the XCX has been proven at the highest levels of competition right out of the gate. Having won the Men's Elite Silver medal in the 2009 UCI World Championship Cross Country race the XCX is the first chain retention system in the world to podium at an international World Cup XC event.
The brainchild of World Cup mechanic and now Worldwide Sales Director Jonas Mikolayunas, the XCX has been used by friends and employees of e*thirteen since 2004. Racing and rider feedback is of top importance to e*thirteen, and in 2005, e*thirteen introduced the XCX to top World Cup CX and XC riders. The recent emergence of the wide-range ten speed cassette has allowed XC races and riders to drop weight by using only a middle ring.
The XCX is an XC chain device designed to be used on a single front chain ring and with either a 9 or 10 speed cassette at the rear. It's lightweight design means you can drop your chainrings down to one and take off your front mech and front shifter further saving weight.
* Extremely light at 56 grams!
* 1.5 mm backplate spacing with provided 0.5 mm spacers allows perfect setup
* World Championship gold medal-proven top slider design
* Gear range of 32T- 42T, low enough for the steep Mont Saint Anne XC climbs and high enough to win the Glouchester cyclocross!
* Available in black or white
* Made in the USA!!!