Formula R1 Disc Brake
The lightest serial disc brake ever made the R1 is the premier XC race brake on the market today. Custom tuning drops the stock weight of 298grams by a further 16grams. Despite its low weight, the R1 generates more than enough power and performance for an All Mountain or Enduro use.
The forged master cylinder body and caliper provide increased modulation, braking power and durability, while the R1's patented caliper piston system increases fluid capacity in the caliper providing stability and fade resistance even on long descents. New for 2012: upgrade your brake with our new FCS (Feeling control system), SpeedLock and MixMaster.
- Forged radial master cylinder
- Patient-Pending high capacity integrated reservoir
- Removable handlebar clamp
- Flipflop master cylinder assembly
- Aluminium forged lever blade (carbon option)
- Hard anodized MC piston
- Laser etched logo
- Higher capacity (25% larger) fluid reservoir and new Diaphragm
- New lever integrated TFRA (tool free reach adjust)
- Forged one-piece post mount style caliper body with 22mm pistons
- Aluminium backed brake pads for additional weight saving
- Top and bottom vented caliper body for maximum cooling and performance
- Patent-pending caliper cap/piston system for compact design and increased fluid capacity
- Laser etched logos.
- Weight 298 grams (PM including 850mm hose, 160mm rotor, complete hardware)