Garmin Edge 1000 GPS
The Garmin Edge 1000 is the ultimate gadget which every cyclists training routine needs! Chasing your personal best? Competing against the best (or your cycling club nemesis)? The Garmin Edge 1000 can turn every ride into a race by competing on Garmin Connect segments and seeing real-time results on your Edge, including alerts for segment start and finish and leader board rankings. The segments feature keeps you motivated and helps you push for continual improvement.
Own the Road
Along with in-ride challenges and connected features, Edge 1000 offers advanced bike-specific navigation and mapping capabilities. The preloaded Garmin Cycle Map includes OSM (Open Street Map) content with routable road and cycle paths, elevation data, points of interest and address search. Mapping data is stored on board the Edge, so your access to navigation and performance capabilities isn’t dependent on mobile phone coverage, and map updates are free.
Know Where to Go
Now you can explore more, on and off road, thanks to this device’s round-trip routing feature. Simply enter how far you want to ride, and Edge 1000 calculates up to 3 cycling-friendly routes. You can even review the elevation profiles before making your selection. It also offers a new route planner capability that allows you to create routes directly on the Edge 1000 using the map, POI and segments you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect. Again, you can preview the elevation profile of your custom route before you roll. If you do get off course or want to end your ride sooner, Edge can always guide you back to the start or calculate the most direct route and provide turn-by-turn directions to get you back.
At Your Fingertips
Edge 1000 features a 3-inch high-resolution colour touchscreen display with dual orientation (The dual orientation screen will be available with later scheduled free software updates). It has an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the screen brightness to changing light conditions to improve visibility. Unlike your smartphone, the display is optimised to work with gloves and in the rain³. You can customise your training pages with up to 10 data fields and use activity profiles to allow for easy transitions when you switch cycling activity, such as road, mountain or touring.
Advanced Performance Analysis
Edge 1000 is compatible with ANT+™ sensors, including speed, cadence, heart rate and compatible weight scale. It’s the first Garmin cycle computer that integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems4 to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 1000 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including Vector®, our unique pedal-based power meter that measures total power, left/right balance and cadence. A preloaded power-based workout on Edge 1000 allows you to calculate your functional threshold power (FTP), from which you can base your power training zones. The 1000 offers a training calendar and is compatible with advanced workouts, which you can plan, schedule and upload from Garmin Connect.
When paired with your smartphone and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 1000 offers a suite of connected features, including live tracking, incoming call and text alerts, social media sharing, weather, wireless uploads and the sending/receiving of courses and segments. As soon as your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth® or Wi-Fi®. This lets you stay connected and instantly share the details of your ride with friends, family and social media contacts. LiveTrack allows your friends and family to follow your races and training activities in real time. Invite followers using email or social media, so they can view your live data on a Garmin Connect tracking page. Once they get your email invite, they can click to follow and see your stats and location on the map.
- Edge 1000
- Extended out front mount
- Standard mount
- Preloaded maps (Euro)
- Fully connected: Bluetooth / BLE / WiFi / ANT+ enables flexible and instant upload and download of data with Garmin Connect
- Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts screen brightness to improve visibility and save battery life
- Dual orientation display (Please note the dual orientation screen will be available with later scheduled free software updates)
- high resolution colour touchscreen display that works equally well with gloves or in the rain
- 3 inch capacitive touch,
- RoutePlanner capability
- Includes DEM data and address search, microSD slot for loading additional map data if required
- 8GB internal memory pre-loaded with Garmin Cycle Map for Europe (based on OSM) on and off road
- RoundTrip Routing
- LiveTrack sessions
- Text messages and phone alerts from your phone can be directed to your device
- Garmin Connect segment compatibility - view on screen
- Alerts for start and finish points
- View leader boards post-segment and plan your routes using a sequence of segments
- System offers integration with compatible Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems
- Compatibility with ANT+ power systems such as Garmin Vector
- 15 hours battery life