Hope Hoops - Rear - Pro2 Evo Straight Pull - 29er
- Following on from the success of the Pro2 hub, this now proven award winning wheelset continues to receive accolades and awards.
- The Pro 2 Evo now offers the added benefit of running on stainless steel bearings.
- After many requests we have added a couple of 29er rims to the range.
- These are the excellent No Tubes Crest 29er, Flow 29er and Mavic 719 29er.
- These are built using Sapim Sprint spokes which build a light, stiff wheel.
- CNC machined in Barnoldswick, England
- Handbuilt in-house
- Bearing type: Stainless Cartridge (S6903, S6803, S6804 & S17287)
- Hub Body: 2014 T6 aluminium
- Cassette body: Aluminium
- Ratchet type: 4 pawl (24t engagement)
- Spokes: Sapim Race.
- Colours: Black
- Hole Drilling: 32
- Spokes: Sapim Race straight pull.
- 2mm brass nipples.
- 135mm quick release axle.
- 29er rear wheel.
- Estimated delivery transit time: 6-10 Days Limited Tracking
TNTPost Global Pack 6-10 Days Limited Tracking: $24.89
TNT Post is an economy international service. Delivery times for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries are around 7-15 workings days. Parcels are trackable online.
UPS International Express 2-4 Days Full Tracking: $49.77
UPS premium international service. Delivered door to door by UPS so very reliable and easily trackable. Delivery times for most countries is around 2-4 working days.
Awesome hub and super well made wheel....good value for the money and super reliable...Hope is Hope
Nice wheels! The Hope pro 2 evo hub is not as loud as everyone makes out. I really like it and hardly notice it when riding. I suppose if you think it is too loud, your not going fast enough?? The seals make the rear wheel axle feel a bit tight, but this seems to loosen up over time. The best part is the wide rims. At 25.5 mm internal width, they eliminate tyre roll off the rim at low pressures. Grip and stability when pushing hard are hugely improved over 19mm internal rims. Careful using non-tubless ready schwalbe tyres on these rims as I had one explode off the rim at 30 psi, showering me in sealant. Go with the tubeless ready tyres and you're good to go!
Shipping took 1 week to get to California. Swapped rim tape out for Stans (wish hope would use tubeless tape), super easy to set up with a UST tire.
I tried to pop the hub ends off to see how hard it would be, but did so with the cassette already installed and the freehub popped right off, wasn't a big deal except that the seal holding the freehub on wasn't super easy to get back into place. So if you need to swap hub end caps do so without the cassette on. Also to pop the end cap off I just placed my QR in the hub body and caught the lip of the end cap and hit the end of the QR with my palm, pops right off. I"ve read that other people use pliers and scratched the cap up.
Beautiful light wheelset, great price, good enough for anyone under 85kg. The famous hope freehub clack sound isn't stealthy but very cool.
Perfect wheels for 29-inch, and they are cheap here at Merlin cycles and they are fast and respond to email if you have any questions. Can only give the highest rating on the wheels and Merlin cycles.
/ / Stefan Sweden