Hope Stainless Steel Road Bottom Bracket
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
- The external bottom bracket is available with two different bearing options.
- Optimized for road use.
- All common systems are covered with this upgrade unit - making it ideal for Shimano, Race Face, and others.
- The machined aluminium cups hold either full stainless steel cartridge bearings, or ceramic bearings in stainless races.
- These custom, Swiss made bearings are double sealed, fully serviceable and removable which give much greater life span than stock units.
- The bearings are made (as all our bearings are) by INA and have been designed to run directly on the crankset axle, without the use of shims or spacers - again increasing life and reliability.
- We use a non contact, free running labyrinth seal to protect the bearing externally, and the machined aluminium centre tube is sealed internally with o-rings.
- Standard 6 colours are available on cups - red, blue, silver, black, gold and gunmetal, with the centre tubes being black on the stainless and gunsmoke on the ceramic.
- English thread
- English thread
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail Std. Airmail 5-10 Days: $7.72
Royal Mails standard Airmail service. Worldwide delivery at a very good price, no tracking. Handed over to your countries own national delivery service once past customs. Delivery time - allow up to 10 days for non EU countries
Royal Mail Priorty Airmail 4-8 Days: $15.44
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 4-8 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
Robust, no nonsense product. If you want to go as far as replacing bearings, you will need the Hope bearing knock out/in tool. Pricey but worth it.
Like all Hope products, this one is beautifully engineered, and certainly looks durable.
It went in to replace a Dura Ace product, so not really an improvement in terms of weight, and I sure as hell can't tell if it's smoother or not.
But it looks more bling, and promises a longer lifespan.
Quality product. Spins miles better than a dura ace 7900 BB. As usual delivery, service and price from Merlin Cycles was excellent.
A bit of bling, replaceable bearings and fantastic customer support, if needed, from Hope. Combine that with a keen price and fast delivery from Merlin and it's a no brainer