Kinesis FF29 Frame - Black
- The FF29 uses specially developed ‘SPF’ [Superplastic Formed] top and down tubes, giving a lightweight and stiff front end with huge weld area at the Head Tube and BB.
- Short taper 1.5” head tubes keep the stack height low, so you can get over the front for powerful climbing.
- 34.9 dia. seat tube is stiffer and more compatible with dropper posts, it’s subtly curved lower section gives greater mech and tyre clearance.
- 60mm BB drop and compact rear centre mean stable, fast cornering.
- ‘Supertaper’ stays give great response and specially developed SPF bridges and 73mm BB shell allow up to a 2.2” tyre, the forged dropouts use post-mount for the disc caliper.
- "Kinesis FF29 over-simplistic seven word review: Like a very fast 26er but smoother" @SteveWorland on twitter;
- SEAT POST: 31.6mm. SEAT CLAMP: 34.9mm. FRONT MECH: 34.9mm. BB: 73mm. British.
- HEADSET: Integrated, 41.8ø upper, 51.8ø lower, for taper head tube. Recommended: FSA No.42/ACB.
- Both bearings are 'ACB', meaning 'Angular Contact Bearings'.
- The head-tube seat angle is 45º.
- The headset drops into a tapered seat in the head tube and is tensioned using a headset tensioner within the fork steerer. Tensioning the headset centers it on the taper and prevents any play.
- FORK RECOMMENDATION: 100 - 120mm.
- SPF: The FF29 uses Kinesis developed 'SuperPlastic Formed' tubing technology for it’s top tube, down tube and specially developed chainstay/seatstay bridges. SPF is similar to ‘Hydroforming’, but uses far higher temps. to produce complicated shapes in thinner wall tubing than was possible with Hydroforming. The result is lighter weight tubing that can be formed to make the frame perform exactly as we require.
- KINESIUM: Developed by Kinesis International, Kinesium is a superb tubing for use in lightweight, high performance frames. Kinesium is enhanced 6000 series Aluminium alloy, which is 25% stronger than 6061 at the same weight level. Kinesium’s properties make it an ideal material for a very light, tough, responsive frame at an affordable price. Superior properties over other alloys, allow for a much thinner wall dimension, thereby dramatically reducing overall frame weight without compromising strength.
- SUPERTAPER: ‘Supertaper’ stays give great response and specially developed SPF bridges allow up to a 2.2” tyre, the forged dropouts use post-mount for the disc caliper.
- TAPER HEAD TUBE: The 1.5" lower bearing allows a tapered fork steerer and larger crown. This gives sharper response and helps reduce flex under braking. Increased heat tube dia. gives more weld area at the most highly stressed point.
- Estimated delivery transit time: 6-10 Days Limited Tracking
TNTPost Global Pack 6-10 Days Limited Tracking: $0.00
TNT Post is an economy international service. Delivery times for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries are around 7-15 workings days. Parcels are trackable online.
UPS International Express 2-4 Days Full Tracking: $51.19
UPS premium international service. Delivered door to door by UPS so very reliable and easily trackable. Delivery times for most countries is around 2-4 working days.
Beautiful fine metallic black paint. Awesome to ride, has a very stable feel and quick acceleration, probably because of the stiffness and slightly lower BB.
I'm 6'1" in the old money and went for a medium size frame for tighter trails , glad I did , it is a perfect fit !
This frame looks gorgeous, the tube shaping is fantastic and it feels reasonably light, should build up into a light and quick bike. Cant wait to finish build and try it out.