Kinesis Racelight 4S Frameset
RRP $695.65 Save 10%
Kinesis Racelight 4S Frameset
At Kinesis we are very well known for our UK designed CX and winter frames . We are constantly amazed by how many top level riders say “I’ve got one of your winter/cyclocross frames…love it.” The ‘Racelight Tk' and ‘Crosslight EVO’ frames have carved out their own reputation with UK riders who ride, race and train all year round, weather no object.
The Racelight 4S framesets represent 12 years of steady evolution, built on feedback from hundreds of happy customers and direct consultation with team riders over the years. The new frame is offered with matched forks rather than frame only and uses very high quality forks to deliver a unique performance.
Using ‘Kinesium’ tubeset and with clearance for full ‘guards, 28's and long-drop brakes, this frameset makes a fantastic and well proven basis for a true 4-season bike. The 4S has become the staple product for the committed racer during the winter months.
For the 2014 season, we introduce the Racelight 4S. It’s not just the colours that are new, the big news for this frame is the unique new ‘Tracer 1.5' monocoque carbon fork with 1.5" taper steerer and clearance for large tyres and full ‘guards. This fork, combined with the new taper headtube, transforms the handling and braking of the Racelight 4S and brings it totally into line with your modern, summer season race bike.
- SEAT POST: 27.2mm. SEAT CLAMP: 31.8mm. FRONT MECH: 31.8. BB: 68mm. British.
- HEADSET: Integrated, 41.8ø upper, 51.8ø lower, for taper head tube. FSA No.42/ACB headset included with frame.
- Both bearings are 'ACB', meaning 'Angular Contact Bearings'. The head-tube seat angle is 45º.
The headset drops into a tapered seat in the head tube and is tensioned using a headset tensioner within the fork steerer. Tensioning the headset centres it on the taper and prevents any play. The larger lower bearing allows a tapered steerer and larger crown. This gives sharper response and helps reduce flex under braking.
- FORK RECOMMENDATION: 'TRACER 1.5' Full monocoque, Unidirectional [UD] carbon fork with mudguard eyelets, clearance for full size mudguards and 28c tyres. Included.
- KINESIUM: Developed by Kinesis International, Kinesium is a superb tubing for use in lightweight, high performance frames. Kinesium is enhanced 6000 series Aluminium alloy, which is 25% stronger than 6061 at the same weight level.
- POWER BULGE: ‘Power Bulged’ top tubes and seat tubes give maximum area at the head tube and BB for ultimate stiffness and response.
- ULTRA SMOOTH WELD PROFILE: This frame is joined using Kinesis developed smooth weld technology, giving tough, stress-free welds and clean appearance. The welding technique performed without secondary finishing or sanding, so weld bead and tube are left at full strength.
- TUNED STAYS: The 'Anti Roadshock', 'hourglass' bend, seat stays are butted and shaped to give maximum comfort for long hours in the saddle.
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Free shipping on this item to United States
David BullockI was looking for a winter frame whose geometry and performance was closer to my best bike. The Kinesis 4S is a great solution. Very impressed with the build quality and paint finish. Should make those long steady distances a bit more fun! Fast delivery by Merlin Cycles too.