Light & Motion Urban 550 Front & Vis Micro Rear Light Twinpack
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
- Compact all in one Urban unit has plenty of power with the benefit of great side visibility thanks to the amber side windows
- Battery charge status is also shown on the Urban to ensure your never left wondering if you'll make it home
- The Vis 180 micro rear light has an eye catching pulse function and amber safety sidelights, combined with light weight to make it a great choice
- Both units have Micro USB ports to charge from most mobile phone chargers, or any USB port
- Li-ion battery
- 3-6 hour charge times
- Simple bar and seatpost mounts are included
- Urban 550 Lumens / run time, High: 550 / 1.5 hours, Medium: 275 / 3 hours, Low: 140 / 6 hours, Flash: n/a / 18 hours
- Vis 180 micro Run time, High Pulse: 6 hours, Low Pulse: 12 hours, Solid: 4 hours, Flash 20 hours
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail International Signed For 5-10 Days: $8.39
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-8 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 5-10 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
Front headlight is wonderfully bright, even at medium setting - you get what you pay for in this regard. micro-USB charging is very convenient, given many phone charges use the same connection. Charge indicators are very handy given that the lights can run down rather quickly at full power. The light mounts onto the front handlebars very easily without extra components, though I wonder how perishable the strap will be over time.
Rear light has only two modes, continuous or gently pulsing, and I'm not sure the latter is very obvious. Also, it seems only designed to attach to the seat-post, and isn't easy to attach to the back of my pannier rack.
These comprise a fantastic light set with a combined weight of 175g (I measured this)! Both lights are easy to fit and operate and both can be recharged via a micro usb. In terms of power the Urban 550 is really good but ,to be honest, I don't tend to use it on its strongest setting. The next one down or third constant beam settings are fine for general road use. In terms of battery life I'm not sure that this lights lasts quite as long as is indicated on the product description; typically I am finding that on 1:20 minutes a day of use for 3 days on the 3rd constant setting I am needing to recharge but have not risked my regular daytime 2 hour loop to see if the second setting would last the whole time. The Vis Micro rear is great too although, again, I find that for road cycling one doesn't need the strongest setting when the second one down is just fine, and will, of course, last longer! In sum, great value lightweight light set so can definitely recommend. Delivery and price from Merlin Cycles was what you would expect too: excellent!