Merlin MALT-CR Carbon Frame & Fork
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
- Carbon Monocoque construction
- Weight 1100g (53cm frame)
- Replaceable gear hanger
- 31.6mm seatpost
- Carbon forks with Carbon steerer (370g)
- Compact geometry
- Supplied without headset and stem
- A excellent frame on which to build a good mid range carbon road bike
- Requires an 1' & 1/8" integrated 45/45 Campag fit headset (not supplied)
- Click here for gemoetry PDF
- Estimated delivery transit time: 6-10 Days Limited Tracking
- Spring Parcel 6-10 Days Limited Tracking: $0.00
UPS International Express 2-4 Days Full Tracking: $44.97
UPS premium international service. Delivered door to door by UPS so very reliable and easily trackable. Delivery times for most countries is around 2-4 working days.
When the box arrived I picked it up from the delivery guy, thought there was nothing it. So lite! Packaged well in plastic and braced with foam inserts. The Malt-CR has a good frame and fork geometry for me, I'm 5'7" long legs and short/medium reach. I've build my bike with a 105 group set, turned out to be a great combo. Everything bought from Merlin, great price and great service!
Lovely lightweight frame. As it's a different shape (top tube curves down), you need a stated size one smaller than the size you'd normally choose.
If you have long legs (like me) you may want to consider a longer than standard seat post, because the top of the seat tube is lower than the standard shape.
Steerer tube comes with plenty of spare length, allowing you to spend time to determine the required length. My local bike shop were kind enough to cut the extra off free of charge.
Only 4* because the paint job wasn't as good as it could have been. Firstly, at the bottom of the head tube there were some (admittedly small) areas near the bottom that hadn't been painted. Also, as can be seen in the picture, the lines on the forks and the lines on the head tube don't line up on both sides at the same time - I think it would be better if they did. Only superficial imperfections I know, but when you spend a lot of money on a frame you want it to look perfect as well as ride perfect. If these things had been improved, I'd be giving it 5*.