Mondraker Dune Bike - 2013
Mondraker Dune Bike 2013
The entire Dune category is equipped with the new Fox 34 with 160 mm allowing us to save a bit of weight.
Dune literally reflects the Enduro concept.
Zero is the name of Mondraker's proprietary suspension system and is used on all of its full suspension bikes.
Zero power loss:
The system prevents any unwanted movements produced whilst pedalling resulting in
maximum efficiency without extra compression or extension of the rear suspension.
Zero pedal kickback:
Chain length growth throughout the suspension travel is insignificant
Avoiding any backward movement of the crank set that could lead to poor pedalling efficiency or cadence.
Zero brake jack:
Rear brake forces do not alter the suspension system.
The rear shock will absorb impacts without changing its function whilst using the rear brake.
The main characteristic of the system is its excellent absorption capacity at the same time as it provides high pedalling efficiency.
The optimized trajectory of the rear axle and the linear nature of the rear shock assure very effective impact absorption.
The Stealth Technology is the most advanced industrial design and structure optimization technology
used in the Mondraker range. Stealth encompasses all processes in the creation of the frame,
from the inspiration and creation of the industrial design to the calculation of
the most precise details that optimize each part for a specific function.
Stealth offers and innovative design, characterized by flat faces and sharp edges as opposed to the traditional curved or rounded shapes.
Each tube and part is carefully designed to carry out a specific function striving to achieve the lowest possible weight of every specific part of the frame.
Due to the optimization of the production process, selecting the best materials, using butted tubing technology and applying an alloy of different aluminium,
Mondraker's ultra light Stealth frames are extremely resistant with great stiffness, especially in the high stress areas of the frames where it suffers most.
Stealth technology is used in the Duel, Foxy, Dune, Summum and Dualen series.
Dune frame has an integrated IFD front derailleur system with an anchor rail instead of the classic brace which used to surround the seat post tube.
This system is developed and named by Shimano as Direct Mount.
Thanks to the new derailleur characteristics and the joint piece developed by Mondraker to get it fixed
to the frame we get stiffness and a precision grade more superior to the rest of derailleur in the market.
- Frame: Dune Stealth alloy Zero Suspension System 160mm
- Shock: Rock Shox Monarch R HV 215x63.5mm
- Forks: Fox 34 Float CTD Evolution 160mm Tapered
- Rear Derailleur: Sram X9 Medium cage 9s
- Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX FD M-671 Direct mount
- Shifters: Sram trigger X-5
- Chainset: Sram S600 44/32/22T
- Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Power Spiline
- Chain: Sram PC-951 9s
- Freewheel: Sram PG-950 11-34T 9s
- Headset: Fsa No 57 Tapered 1-1/8"->1/5"
- Stem: Onoff Notion SB 60mm
- Handlebars: Mondraker Dune custom design 31.8mm 740mm
- Front Brake: Avid Elixir 1 180mm
- Rear Brake: Avid Elixir 1 180mm
- Rims: MDK EP-1 wheelset
- Front Hub: MDK Disc Pro 15mm
- Rear Hub: MDK Disc Pro QR
- Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Dampf 26x2.35
- Saddle: Mondraker Dune custom design
- Seatpost: Onoff Notion 0-R SB 31.6mm 350mm
- Grips: Onoff Wave
- Miscellaneous: Weight (w/o pedals) 13.9 kg
- Estimated delivery transit time: 4-8 Days
TNTPost Global Pack 4-8 Days: $134.16
TNT Post is an economy international service. Delivery times for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries are around 7-15 workings days. Parcels are trackable online.