Schwalbe Hans Dampf Evo 650B 27.5 Folding MTB Tyre - 27.5"
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
- 650 x 60B / 27 x 2.35"
- All-around SnakeSkin protects well against cuts.
- Tyres are Tubeless Ready. Save the weight of a tube and maintain the weight level
- PaceStar - For MTB Race, All Mountain and Tour. Super-fast with a combination of low rolling resistance and durability. The tire shoulders were made appreciably softer to improve handling on rough terrain.
- TrailStar - For Enduro and Freeride. Triple Nano compound was unsuitable performance-wise and the rolling resistance of Gooey Gluey was too high. TrailStar has substantially more grip, better damping and handling control. Nevertheless, the compound is not overly heavy, making it suitable for climbing too.
- VertStar - For Downhill and Freeride. It is a further development of the Gooey Gluey compound, but now even softer with extremely good damping properties.
- Super Gravity - The tire walls are more robust. The cap is more flexible. The tire is lighter. Or in a single sentence: Downhill ruggedness at Enduro weight!
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail Std. Airmail 5-10 Days: $7.75
Royal Mails standard Airmail service. Worldwide delivery at a very good price, no tracking. Handed over to your countries own national delivery service once past customs. Delivery time - allow up to 10 days for non EU countries
Royal Mail Priorty Airmail 4-8 Days: $15.49
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 4-8 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
Riding these tires in sunny San Diego, California. Conditions here are loose rocky over hard packed with some technical single track, technical up and downs, and lots of switchbacks. Depending on the trails you ride. I had these tires in my 29er and now 27.5. My personal favorite. Best all around tire I've had. Hooks up great and predictable in the turns. Love the soft, sticky rubber. Never had any knobs tear off but I don't do aggressive downhill or big jumps.
Hans Dampfs - if Carlsberg made All Mountain Trail Tyres, they'd make Hans Dampfs!
I've ridden these for the last two seasons up here in the Highlands. I ride them when biking in the Lakes too. Without doubt, I can honestly say, these are probably the best tyres I've run ALL YEAR ROUND - without changing to mud tyres etc.
Most confidence inspiring tyres I've used in years, bar none!
As a stubborn 26" die-hard, I built-up a Spitfire trail bike in 650beez, but had to wait 5 months until Merlin managed to get some H.D.'s in Trail Star Compound, 2.35 that I could run out front to take care of business, & Pace Star out back for better roll & wear.
I'll be back to get another set before Summer trips to Fort Bill, Kinlochleven & the Lakes come round.
I prefer these over the Super Gravitys purely from a weight POV.
Tried a set of SG's HD's but they were way heavy imo, scales reckoned another 4lb on the bike!
These are no where near as heavy, but also, don't have the same level of protection as a set of SG's.
I ride knarly wild rides mostly, but even hitting up Glentress or Inners, HD's are just soooo good, I personally don't go anywhere else for my tyre needs.
The WTB Vigilantes I ran for the last 5 months are good tyres, but these HD's beat them hands down for grip in all MTB trail conditions.
I love them!
Great tyre at a great price, suberb grip