Selle Italia Turbo 1980 Saddle
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
- TURBO 1980 The classic racing saddle of the 80s, used by more of the professional racing community at the time, than any other.
- Made famous by 5 times T de F winner Bernard Hinault.
- Designs were simple in those days yet the Turbo has stood the test of time.
- Carefully chosen leather, worked by craftsmen, with differentiated padding on a resilient, anatomically designed nylon shell.
- Made for racing.
- For road use
- FEC Alloy rails
- W 140 x L 270 mm
- Weight 280g approx
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail Std. Airmail 5-10 Days: $8.14
Royal Mails standard Airmail service. Worldwide delivery at a very good price, no tracking. Handed over to your countries own national delivery service once past customs. Delivery time - allow up to 10 days for non EU countries
Royal Mail Priorty Airmail 4-8 Days: $16.27
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 4-8 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
I raced with this particular saddle in the 80's until I had a bad fall and tore it too Ribbons. When I tried to get another one I had no luck as they had been discontinued. Much to my surprise I found they had been making them again so promptly bought one. I had my first ride on it Today about 40 Miles and it was like I remember very comfortable and still fits well, it doesn't feel like I haven't sat on one in over 25 Years or so. Good quality and well made. It might not suit everyone but it definitely works for me. The most pleasant surprise is that it's cheaper now than when I bought my first one in the 80's.
My old Turbo gave me 25 years of life and hopefully this one will too. It looks identical to the original and after 60 miles of riding feels just as comfy as the original.
Great price and fast shipping from Merlin. It was a lot better deal than I could get on ebay.