Shimano 105 5700 Chainset - Silver
- Lightweight HollowTech II 105 10-speed chainset
- Innovative HollowTech forged and anodised aluminium crank arms utilise a hollow design that minimises flex and keeps the weight low
- The chainring teeth have been developed to work in conjunction with the CN-5701 chains for increased contact to provide greater efficiency and improved power transfer
- HollowTech II allows the bottom bracket bearings to be spaced wider apart (outboard from the frame), enabling the use of larger bearings and an increased axle diameter
- The system allows for easier installation, adjustment, and maintenance
- Lightweight anodised SG-X aluminium chainrings for smooth and precise shifting
- Excludes bottom bracket
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $8.36
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail International Signed For 5-10 Days: $8.36
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-8 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 5-10 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
A nice lightweight piece of kit and a good choice for my bike build project; fitting was straightforward. I bought the 165mm compact (5750) version of this chainset and it weighed in at exactly the specified weight of 705g excluding bottom bracket. I have only done about 80 miles with it so far and am still getting used to the shorter stroke (from 170mm previously) but I definitely find it easier to spin a higher cadence with less after ride pain. I am looking forward to putting many more miles on it.
Very pleased with this. New for my commute bike, replacing an old ultegra double. Things have obviously improved over the years with trickle down from the posher groupsets. Very nice slick shifting now. As with all hollow tech chain sets this is a doddle to fit too. Great price, packaging and delivery as always from merlin, always my go to website for components.
Often seen as the step child in the Shimano High End Components family, the 105 crankset is a beautiful thing. Modern engineering meets classic style. There is a weight penalty but the beefy forged arms look more fearsome than your average carbon crank arms. With the Shimano BB, these things spin like buttah.
Good quality shimano equipment, knocked a couple of stars off because they reduced the Ultegra Chanset to the same price the week after I bought it.