Shimano 105 CS-5800 Road Bike Cassette
Options: 11-28, 12-25, 11-32
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
The Shimano 5800 has gone 11 Speed for the latest incarnation of the 105. The 5800 has been inspired by the innovations of the more upper end Shimano Ultegra and Dura Ace; you can see the technological influences across the design of the 5800 components. More advanced and lighter than its predecessors and with a more eye catching design, the 5800 promises high performance and is one of the latest cycling must haves.
- High performance HG-EV 11-speed 105 Road cassette
- Hyperglide EV sprockets have a computer designed tooth configuration with contoured shift gates, resulting in a crisp smooth shift even under load
- Close ratio gearing allows a more efficient use of energy through finer cadence control
- Largest sprockets are mounted on a lightweight alloy carrier to reduce weight and increase rigidity
- Sprockets are cut away and drilled to further reduce weight without reducing rigidity
- Nickel-plated finish offers hard wearing resistance to corrosion
- Pearl-bright steel cassette lockring
- For Super Narrow 11-speed HG-X chains
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $7.75
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail Std. Airmail 5-10 Days: $7.75
Royal Mails standard Airmail service. Worldwide delivery at a very good price, no tracking. Handed over to your countries own national delivery service once past customs. Delivery time - allow up to 10 days for non EU countries
Royal Mail Priorty Airmail 4-8 Days: $15.49
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 4-8 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
I bought two of these cassettes - they were the best value cassettes that I could find anywhere on the net. I am sold out on 105 cassettes - they are not the lightest that you can get, but extremely durable, and work perfectly with my ultegra and dura ace bikes.
I bought the 11-28 to replace my 11-32 on the stock bike, and have managed the hills to date, and appreciate the closer grouping in mid range.
Works as advertised, and is essential for crazy hills. Barely heavier than the ultegra version (it's on with my ultegra everything else), and comes out of the box so very shiny!
Shifts really nicely, hopefully it will be durable too. I have an 11-28 and the extra cog with 11 speed really makes all the difference over 10 speed 11-28 with the way it ramps up - the gears are more evenly spaced, it's like a 10 speed 11-25 with a 28 added on top