Shimano UN54 Square Taper Bottom Bracket
- A good quality bottom bracket for traditional chainsets
- Super-accurate bearings for smooth operation and improved durability
- Durable, hard-wearing sealed cartridge bottom bracket with square tapered spindle fitting
- Lightweight hollow spindle
- Maintenance-free sealed cartridge bearing assembly keeps out dirt, mud, and water for long bearing life
- Fast and easy installation without adjustment
- Narrow body allows clearance for cable routing under the bottom bracket
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $8.36
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail International Signed For 5-10 Days: $8.36
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-8 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 5-10 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
Old fashioned maybe but it'll go on and on forever. Whilst square taper BBs might not be as light or stiff as external ones, their price, reliability, longevity and simplicity of installation mean I have three bikes running with these UN54s.
I got through an external BB in 6 months use, whereas one of these UN54s is still going strong after 2 years of all weather riding with no play or binding whatsoever. No faffing with chasing/facing frames either.
When powering hard up hills there is a slight creaking but the difference in stiffness between this and an external BB is not really noticeable to a rider of my level!
As ever the price and service from Merlin is hard to beat.
It's a good product, does what is expected and at a very fair price. Plus Merlin deliver quickly and have one of the better interfaces for the users online shopping experience