Shimano XTR M986 10 Speed Shadow+ Rear Mech
- Next Day & World Wide Shipping
- Excellent Customer Service
- Buy in Store
- Shadow plus features a super low profile design that reduces the risk of damage from trail side hazards
- Shadow Plus uses a chain stabilising switch that when on will reduce chain bounce in rough terrain maintaining more stable drive and shifting. This can be switched off to remove the wheel
- Single tension spring prevents contact with the chainstay resulting in a silent ride
- Direct cable routing prevents snagging from any trail side hazards
- Full carbon fibre outer pulley cage saves weight while alloy inner cage increases rigidity
- Cold forged wide alloy links and pivot body leads to lower weight while increasing rigidity
- Four fluorine-coated link pin bushings make this one of the slickest shifting derailleurs on the trails
- Strong return spring for a positive shifting feel
- Improved cable pull ratio provides a more accurate shift action making the system less proneto contamination and trail chatter
- Dyna-Sys 10-speed compatible only
- Durable sealed bearing pulleys for low friction
- Top normal spring uses the spring to select higher gears
- M986 is Direct Fit Compatible
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail Std. Airmail 5-10 Days: $7.47
Royal Mails standard Airmail service. Worldwide delivery at a very good price, no tracking. Handed over to your countries own national delivery service once past customs. Delivery time - allow up to 10 days for non EU countries
Royal Mail Priorty Airmail 4-8 Days: $14.95
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 4-8 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
Flawless shifting. No chain dropping 1x10 set-up with no front chain guide. Perfect!
This derailleur is awesome! I got it, installed it, tuned it and promptly got on the trails in Sedona, Arizona. It shifts so smooth and is so light! I barely could believe it when I took it out of the box. All around amazing. I would recommend the Shimano XTR Shadow+ to anyone. Now I just need to clean off all of the red rock dust...
As far as Merlin goes- the order went great. The site was easy to navigate and I knew exactly what I was going to receive because the site is very clear. Free shipping is always appreciated (I am in US) but the only drawback was that they couldn't provide a tracking number for the shipment (I believe it arrived on the 6th business day and the approximation said "3-5 business days". No big deal really.
Quick to set up and adjust, works smoothly and keeps the chain firmly in place even on high speed rocky descents! Excellent product and now much cheaper than 2 years ago!
Awesome. Upgraded from XT shadow mech (no clutch) and switched to 1x10 with a works components front chainring and no dropped chains. No real difference in performance to XT but looks SWEET!
Probably the smoothest, fastest shifting rear mech's made. I absolutely love the new XTR Shadow + design, form and function. Would highly recommend both XTR and XT rear Mech's.
Ordered the 986 to replace my 980 none clutch rear mech and has made a huge difference no more chain slap or jumping chains and the bike rides nearly silent.
Works perfectly as you would expect from XTR, the clutch system really makes everything quiet and smooth, it does increase the pressure needed at the lever end to change gear but I think it makes it feel better.
Great delivery from Merlin as normal.
Bought this M986 version (no where seemed to have a M985) for a jump bike I was putting together as both myself and my wife have run the M985 version without fault for the last 18months on our Scott Scales.
Pretty much identical to the M985 version except it's direct mountable by removing one piece of aluminium (i.e it'll fit a 2011/12 Scott Scale out of the box).
Perfect. Looks like it
The rear mech works like a dream no longer have my chain falling off over rock gardens would buy again
No chain chatter, primed for overtaking other riders on the track in stealth mode.
Great piece of kit. I use this clutch mech with a simple 'top only' chain guide on a 1x10 setup. I've never dropped a chain!