Sidi Ergo 3 Carbon White Vernice is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Sidi Ergo 3 Carbon White Vernice
This item was discontinued 23rd September 2014.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- Ergo 3 Features:
- Improved Adjustable Heel Retention Device
- New Carbon Vent Sole
- Soft Instep Closure System
- Tecno II System
The SiDi Ergo 3 is the newest addition to SiDi's leading road cycling shoe range. Replacing the Ergo 2, this new model is offered with two soles that have never before been released onto the market.
- Vent Carbon Sole - SiDi introduces a newly re-engineered and lighter racing sole. There is an added vent inserted at the very top of the sole, which when open, gives godd ventilation. Air will flow though predisposed channesl until an exhaust located towards the middle of the shoe. This new technology invovled SiDi modifying the removable insole and footbed of the shoe, but the result is a giant leap forward for professional cyclists. The Air-Vent can be opened or closed as needed.
- The Vent Carbon Sole has been developed to assist with blood circulation by further advancing the technology behind the power transfer ability inherent in the design of SiDi Shoes. These soles are built to give light flex towards the nose of the shoe whilst maintaining an excellent level of stiffness thoughout the shoe's body.
- For walkability, the Vent Carbon Sole includes a replacable polyurethane heel pad. This new sole is also compatable with all of the best pedals on the market and to facilitate cleat replacement, the Vent Carbon Sole features a 10mm horizontal and vertical cleat alignment scale moulded into the sole itself. Finished with the Look Memory Eylet.
- Soft Instep Closure System - The wide, anatomical and padded strap has been reduced and coupled to soft, thermoformed material increasing comfort and performance. It distributes pressure evenly over the arch area, adjustable from both sides for perfect centering. The system elimates the need for the High Instep Extender. Used with SL and Caliper buckle straps, which are serviceable and replaceable. Tecno II System: Tecno II buckle uses monofilament line and a fine tooth ratchet for smooth adjustment and even pressure distribution. This allows frontal micrometric closure and adapts the upper part of the shoe to the shape of the foot for a customised fit. The Tecno II system is now smaller and can be replacedmore easily.
- Adjustable Heel Retention Device - New technology for the heel-cup system. The retention device reinforces the top of the heel-cup and improves fit by closing the back of the shoe more securely around the ankle. A couple of screws control how tight the top of the heel is, these can be adjusted so that the heel stays tight on any steep climb and every sprint.
- SiDi Heel - The reinforced SiDi Heel keeps the foot in position and avoids the shoe being deformed by extreme performance or prolonged pressure.
Sizing Information for SiDi Shoes