Thomson Masterpiece Seatpost
- Masterpiece posts weigh approximately 40 grams less than the same size Elite post. This weight reduction is accomplished while maintaining the strength and durability expected of a Thomson Seatpost.
- Thomson accomplishes this weight reduction by machining the seatpost all over; including the oval inner diameter. We are able to hold closer tolerances by machining than by extrusion alone. Machining all over an already beautiful design makes the Masterpiece Seatpost a work of art.
- Certified to: EN 14766 2006 MTB.
- The tube and head of the Thomson Masterpiece seatpost is integral-machined from one single piece of high strength 7000 series aluminum. The head is not pressed or bonded in. This allows for superior strength and minimum weight, allowing higher strength at low weights.
- Natural ellipse bore inside tube for optimum strength to weight ratio.
- We have a long 1.614 inch (41 mm) seat rail grip length. This helps prevent seat rail bending from impact loads. Most other seatposts have grip lengths of .500 inch or more shorter than our grip length.
- The Thomson Masterpiece seatpost design incorporates a bending fuse to prevent catastrophic failure. All competitive seatposts we tested failed catastrophically with the seat and clamp components, and sometimes pieces of the tube and head flying off in all directions.
- The Thomson Masterpiece seatpost has a clamp, head, and upper tube strong enough to withstand 325 foot-lbs of torque. The tube will start to yield and bend at the seat tube clamp at about 230 foot-lbs of torque. Under severe impact the Thomson Masterpiece seatpost will bend slightly but allow the rider to come to a stop or continue the ride.
- Every component of the Masterpiece seatpost is 100 percent American made. This includes all fasteners and forgings.
- The Masterpiece seatpost has all parts captive and can easily be attached to a seat without disassembly.
- Infinite tilt adjustment minus 5° and plus 29°.
- Very low profile clamps means no seat interference as the swivel nuts are down between the seat rails.
- The designs and materials have passed extensive life and ultimate strength tests.
- Every production lot of seatposts has ultimate strength and fatigue tests performed. Our on going testing program ensures that every production lot of seatposts meets Thomson standards.
- Impact absorbing clamps – clamps, head, and assembly will spread and flex on impact to protect seat, rails, seatpost and rider.
- Adjustments can be made to the tilt of the seat without moving the seat forwards or backwards.
- Estimated delivery transit time: 5-10 Days
Royal Mail Std. Airmail 5-10 Days: $8.53
Royal Mails standard Airmail service. Worldwide delivery at a very good price, no tracking. Handed over to your countries own national delivery service once past customs. Delivery time - allow up to 10 days for non EU countries
Royal Mail Priorty Airmail 4-8 Days: $17.06
Royal Mail international serivce is the quickest and best service for small parcels. For Europe please allow 3-7 days, for Australia, USA, Canada, Japan and other countries the service is normally 4-8 working days. This service allow some tracking and requires a signature.
Light weight, great looking, easy to adjust and durable. Hard to go wrong with a Thomson post. Best price by far here at Merlin.
A classic zero degree seatpost. Lightweight and elegant.
Looks amazing, easy to set up and extremely easy to adjust, and super lightweight (190g @ 30.9 x 350mm). All machined from one piece of aluminium, so no worries about bonding at the head. A very simple, elegant and functional piece of kit, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a light seatpost.
As a weight weenie I have tried other lightweight sub 200 gm aluminum posts but got fed up with them creaking. This Thompson masterpiece, like their other weightier Elite post is a fit and forget piece of quality engineering that also looks just right.