Zipp Tangente Cork Composite Brake Pad Inserts - 2 Pairs
RRP $77.53 Save 67%
ZIPP Tangente Cork Composite Brake Pad Inserts for Carbon Rims - 2 Pairs
- Zipp® developed the Tangente® High Performance Cork Brake Pad as a response to the intense heat caused by braking on carbon.
- These pads are designed for our carbon rims and employ a composite cork polymer to reduce glazing and offer consistent brake response.
- As a result, the Tangente cork pad avoids the brake pulsation produced by residue buildup from rubber pads and can even eliminate pulsation from rims with previous buildup.
- Even though the newer silver Tangente Platinum Pro Brake Pad is designed to perform better across all riding conditions, we realize there remain fans of the smooth consistent feel of cork.
- Tangente High Performance Cork Brake Pad`s unique shape places more material in the front of the pad to improve durability and shed water.
- Although the composite material wears similarly to low-temperature rubber compounds, the Tangente cork pad lasts longer than most rubber carbon-specific pads because of its shape and 0.5 mm greater overall thickness.
- Select Shimano®/SRAM® or Campagnolo® styles
- The Tangente pad may be used on any tubular or clincher rim with a carbon braking surface, but it should never be used on aluminum braking surfaces.
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $7.75
Spend $77.55 or over and get free shipping
Mr DaltonI have tried various carbon specific pads for my Zipp 303's and have found the Cork Composite to be the best all round pads for the wheels. The modulation is good, they are not 'grabby' as some of the cheaper pads available on the market. Their performance degrades in the wet but I am yet to find any carbon pads that perform the same in the wet and dry, these are probably the best I have found (so far). In the dry they do produce a fair amount of dust, but again this seems to be a trait of carbon specific pads, and these are no better or worse than any others I have used.
Mr Harvey-PalmerAwesome - best modulation ever on carbon wheels. I am a bit sceptical about how long these will last? Good so far....
Mr sumnersItem received as advertised. I had never used cork pads before but was pleasantly surprised. Eventually my Yellow Kings got very pulsating and these do not do that.