Astute Skylite Pilarga VT Road Saddle
Skylite is a saddle designed to meet athletes’ specific needs. The full carbon rail enhances its well-known features of toughness and lightness. This saddle is perfect for people who are looking for a new product with advance technical features and aesthetic details that make a difference.
- Weight: 182 gr +/-8%
- Covering of Future microfiber,extra-strong yet soft, waterproof, breathable, washable and is in accordance with all Ecolabel requirements
- Length: 275 mm - 145 mm
- Try-Density NES70TM padding system to enhance ergonomycs and comfort; the Memory FOAM system guarantees saddle recovery to its original shape
- The inside base is made of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon
- The outside base is made with a special Nylon Fiber Soft Touch
- Rail tube Ø 7 mm with graduated scale, made of carbon
- SPAS: Shock-Pad-Absorber-System, a new patented system based on two specific shock-absorber pads placed in between base and rails that absorb shocks and vibrations and eliminate any friction between the rail and the base
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
This is not the saddle, this CLOUD for your fifth point. Very happy with this purchase.
The small problem was the setting. No information on this subject. Investing a little time and found info on a Japanese website.
The front part of the saddle should be raised by three degrees with respect to the horizontal rear part.
Then it was happiness when traveling.
MerlinCycles Thank you for that saddle, good price and instant delivery.
Highly I recommend this saddle.
Saddle selection is a very subjective topic but I think I am pretty well qualified to comment on it having tried many different saddles over the years. I was looking for a saddle for all types of cycling on my road bike...but in particular one for long hard miles like a Sportive.
There are not many saddles, if any, that I can honestly say have been totally comfortable from day one but the Astute Pilarga definitely qualifies.
It is a lovely thing to behold too.....Ultra stylish and finished to a very high standard. It looks superb on my Cannondale Synapse road bike.
It has quite a bit more padding than the average light weight road saddle and the Pilarga version is wider than the original Astute at 146mm as opposed to the 135mm of the original. Its flat shape makes it ideal for a slightly more upright riding position if you are not the type of rider who spends mile after mile on the drops. As for the padding ...it is made of very high quality memory foam and always returns to its original shape even after a marathon ride.
Astute are a relatively new saddle making company but all their saddles are hand made in Italy and are a very high quality item indeed.
I think I will be sticking with the Astute Pilarga for many years to come.