A beginner’s racing road bike for those like to attack stealthily.
The basic PR7 is arguably the most popular bike that we’ve ever done. This bike doesn’t replace that bike.
It keeps the ethos of the PR7 – incredible bang for buck – but where that bike is an everyman all-rounder the PR7-R is more focussed on performance. This is a beginner’s racing bike.
Yep, the R is for Racing.
Stiff and lightweight frame with classic racing geometry. The heart of the PR7-R is a frame and fork that is ripe for a lifetime of being hammered around in the bunch.
The finishing kit is also very capable. Shimano, Mavic and Kalloy Uno are all names that experienced cyclists will know and appreciate.
Gloss black deals on matt black tubing.
A proper external BB.
Carbon bladed forks.
Subtle Merlin logos.
Kalloy Uno finishing kit.
- Short chainstays for rapid power and quick response
- Short CNC head tube for efficient position
- Long top tube for attack stance
- Classic profile 6061 alloy tubing
- Carbon bladed fork with alloy steerer w/ 45mm offset
- Kalloy Uno components
- Cork cushion bar tape
- Bars – 125mm drop, 72mm reach (40, 42, 44cm)
- Shimano Sora drivetrain
- Jagwire cabling
- Promax brake callipers
- KT hubs with double rubber seals
- Brass nipples
- Mavic CXP black rims
- Kenda K-152 25c tyres
- DDK saddle
- Stainless steel water bottle bolts