Don’t just get the bike out of the shed and pedal off into the distance. Take a few essential bits with you and ride with confidence.
- Seat pack
- Phone (turn it off of you want to feel ‘free’)
- Multi tool
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit (and the knowledge of how to repair a puncture)
- Tyre levers
- Pump (or a couple of CO2 cannisters – learn how to use them though or you’ll be stuffed)
- Energy bar
- Emergency energy gel
- Water (or energy drink if you’re feeling keen)
- GPS computer (they don’t cost loads of money any more)
That’s about it. You can go for yer ride now!