Bluegrass Golden Eyes MTB Helmet - 2016
“One of the cutting edge engineering projects that we have developed recently is HES (Homothetic Embedded Skeleton) construction technology,” explains Matteo Tenni, head of Bluegrass’ R&D department. “By partially embedding two shells into each other, we can reduce the weight of the helmet while increasing its safety factor. We are also offering designers new design opportunities.”
This promising technology has been used in the first all-mountain helmet designed by Bluegrass. Plus they have added in the highest standard of equipment.
Do you want some examples?
An adjustable visor, a rib system to keep goggle straps in place, Kevlar straps, a removable helmet cam mount, Gel O2 front pad and more.
- EPS Intelligent Fusion - Different densities of material depending on the characteristics of each model.
- Homothetique Embedded Skeleton - Spreads the pressure built up at the impact point, and thus dissipates the force of impact over the whole shell.
- HES Construction - Homothetic Embedded Skeleton. In the event of an impact the pressure on the helmet shell is uneven, however, in reality most of the pressure is concentrated within a focused area. HES construction, which involves embedding a homothetic skeleton at the back of the helmet, spreads the pressure built up by compression at the impact point, and thus dissipates the force of impact over the whole shell. This exceptional design and a manufacturing technique makes the HES concept a new reference in cycle helmet construction.
- Gravity Occiptal Lock Advanced - Lighter with broader contact area, the pressure is distributed in a homogenous way resulting in a more ergonomic fit.
- Embedded straps anchoring points - The straps’ tensile stress is more evenly dissipated in case of impact.
- Kevlar Straps - Ventilated, with breathability. Ultra-resistant.
- Three Points Attachment - Protects the face and especially the eyes from branches, sun, rain or mud flicked up.
- Front pad gel O2 - Hypo-allergenic, anti-bacterial, made from thermo-stabilising polyurethane morpho-gel. Keeps the forehead cooler.
- Removable on-board camera support - Leaves your helmet clean and tidy when not filming. Compatible with many brands including GoPro.
- Goggle Clip - Keeps your goggle strap in place on the helmet.