Campagnolo Zonda C17 Clincher Road Wheelset
Campagnolo Zonda C17 Clincher Road Wheelset Tubes
The completely redesigned rim for the Zonda takes its design inspiration from the growing trend that sees the use of increasingly wider tyres, with 25mm clinchers becoming the standard if not the new minimum sizing for road riding and racing.
With this increased popularity of both 25mm and 28mm tyres the wheel needs to be designed in a way to optimize the tyre/wheel interface. The new wider C17 rim ensures a more efficient shape of the tyre, improving cornering grip and safety while reducing aerodynamic drag and rolling resistance. A seemingly small increase in width offers a surprisingly different riding experience, one that is sure to leave any cyclist pleasantly convinced that this change is for the best.
- Differentiated Rim Height
- Precision milling to eliminate excess material and weight where not needed
- RDB™: Rim Dynamic Balance
- MoMag™ Technology: tyre bed free of spoke holes, no need for rim tape, structural superiority.
- The hubs continue to incorporate the same technology that made the previous version such as successful wheelset
- Aluminium oversize flange
- Rim: Aluminium Clincher
- Profile: Front 24mm / Rear 27mm
- Brake Surface: Aluminium
- Axle: Quick Release
- Freehub: Camapagnolo or Shimano 10/11
- Bearings: Steel, Cup and Cone
- Spokes: G3 Aero, Straight Pull
- Count: 16 Front / 21 Rear
- Includes: Skewers, Rim Tape
- Weight: 1596g
Kendall Rode with these wheels for the 1st time today and was amazed. I seem to feel lighter and the ride just felt easier. They were recommended to and I will recommend them to any who ask. My next purchase will be the disk variant of these.
Ken T Bought these to replace my Bontrager stock wheels. Immediate improvement in weight or lack thereof. They came perfectly true. Overall a fantastic buy at a very reasonable price.
Mr ghoussoub I will start with the looks, which should not be of a great importance. But these wheels just look amazing!! They really make miss riding the bike. Performance wise, in very similar conditions I have improved my average speed from 31.5 to 33.7 Km/h over a 34 Km loop. That enough is worth the change for me. I was however starting from the Alex Id19 which are a very basic wheel. The construction and quality of this wheel looks very good, I will be only be able to properly judge in a couple of month. Delivery, although all the way to Dubai was great and Merlin cycles did a great job with the packaging. Nothing was damaged and everything needed was in there. Which is not always the case.