Colnago C60 Road Frameset - 2017
The ultimate goal is to improve the bicycle: to make it more efficient, with less rider fatigue and no sacrifice in strength or reliability. The design must be striking. From a marketing standpoint, the frame's characteristics and technical advantages must stand out and not be completely hidden inside the frame. Star-shaped tubes are a proven design element and have become a signature design element for Colnago frames. It is from this proven design, with the goal of increased frame efficiency without significant sacrifice in comfort or strength, with which the Colnago C60 was born.
In the C60 various cross sections of tubes have increased volume, thinner walls and drastic tube profiles. No attention to detail was spared. The rear dropouts have been completely redesigned for reduced weight and increased lateral rigidity. Even the water bottle mounts were redesigned to reduce weight while maximizing strength.
- Headtube: The most striking difference between the C59 and C60 is the new tube shapes and its matching shaped lugs.
- Downtube: The second major difference between the C59 and the C60 is the new oversized downtube.
- Seattube: In favor of a round tube shape, the seat tube becomes strongly asymmetric as it reaches and enters the bottom bracket lug.
- Bottom Bracket Lug: The heart of the new C60 is the bottom bracket. The dimensions of this masterpiece, especially when compared to that of the C59, have been created to ensure the ultimate in lateral-stiffness.
- One piece dropout: Another new feature introduced with C60 are the forged, CNC-machined one-piece dropouts. With the C60, Colnago has worked hard to make the connection between the frame and the rear wheel a true masterpiece.
- Frame Geometry: Sizes and specifications help you to choose the correct frame.
- Painting: Colnago C60 frames painting, hand made in Italy one by one, every frame is unique!
- UCI Approved: This frame is approved by the International Cycling Union and therefore used in all races recognized by the UCI.
Frame & Fork set only. Compatible with Di2/EPS and mechanical systems. Not disc brake compatible.