The CX Zero Alu is the aluminium version of the latest Colnago frame developed for endurance. The geometry has been designed to meet the needs of gran fondo riders, or for anyone looking for a bit more comfort on longer rides. The project is based around the measurement of the head tube, which is considerably longer compared to the Colnago racing geometry used on other frames. The higher head tube, combined with the reduced length of the top tube, allows the rider to maintain a relaxed position of the shoulders and the arms, as well as to get a more open angle between the torso and thigh for easier pedaling. In summary, a convenient position on the bike can also improve performance. The design of the rear stays also gives a greater vertical compliance in combination with the 31,6mm seatpost. The CX Zero’s clearances also allow for 25mm diameter tires, and the BB is an 86mm PressFit.
The endurance geometry arises from the extent of the steering tube, which is considerably longer than the classical racing.
Through this part of the frame pass the large part of the forces generated by the cyclist pedaling. Therefore, it should be very durable.
With their form characterized by a prominent fold in the vicinity of the dropouts, the chain stays wagon behave like real shock when subjected to impact the vertical from the road surface.
This part of the rear plays a key role in the comfort of your bicycle. The seat stays join the dropouts to the seat tube, therefore directly transmit the blows received from the wheel to the rider.
- Frame: Colnago CX Zero ALU
- Fork: Colnago Street Carbon
- Chainset: Shimano FC-5800 Compact 34/50
- Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-5800
- Rear Derailleur: Shiamno RD-5800 SS
- STI levers: ST-5800 (11 Speed)
- Cassette: Shimano CS-5800 11-28T 11 Speed
- Brake Calipers: Colnago X-Brake 3
- Wheelset: Alex CX28, Formula Hubs, Sapim Spokes
- Tyres: Continental Ultra Sport II - 700 x 25c
- Handle Bars: DEDA RHM EL
- Stem: DEDA EL
- Saddle: Selle Italia QBIK