Continental Mountain King MK2 ProTection Folding MTB Tyre - 29"
Continental Mountain King MK2 Pro-Tection Black Chili 29er Folding Tyre
- Now firmly into the second period of its reign, the Mountain King II strengthens its rule over the all round trail bike market
- Superb braking traction and optimum cornering are guaranteed in all types of conditions
- The ProTection casing adds extra all-round puncture protection, leaving tread and sidewalls equally protected
- The tread lug arrangement was developed in collaboration with professional mountain bikers, resulting in an exceptionally light yet positively tough trail tyre
- Trail riders, Cross Country racers, Alpine tourists and Marathon riders - this is a serious intermediate tyre option
- Handmade in Germany
- Constructed from 4 plies, totalling 240 TPI
- Weight of 740 grams
- Revo Tubeless Ready
Guido Bérgamo Great great tires! Roll very fast an any conditions! Very easy tubeless assembley. Fast delivery to Brazil.
Gustavo Easy to install, with one ride I noticed the difference with the Maxxis. Rolling very good in dry terrain like Vegas. I recommend
Mr Charles Wanted more grip than the X King its replacing for the muddy season. This does the job. Quality tyre, half price!
tintim_mtb Fast rolling and increased traction in numerous conditions was my primary goals for new rubber on my 29'er. The Conti's do not disappoint, immediately on the first ride the noticeable difference was obvious. Backed with Protection and Chilli compound these are great tyres. My only issue was setting up as tubeless, they did require a little extra patience and effort to seat but hey tubeless wouldn't be tubeless without the frustrations. Merlin's delivery & service as always top notch 5/5.
rice Bought these to replace a set of manufacturer tyres that kept getting punctures. I found them easy to fit (running tubes) and so far grippy on dry rocky trails with no punctures. The conti web site suggests 50psi front and back!!! Bit too high I run 30 with no issues. Quality kit and very quick delivery from Merlin at a great price.
Mr Taylor Good tyre for all round riding, reasonable weight, but I would go for a 2.4 for the front as they come up narrow. Could not get them to go up tubeless though, which has never been a problem with other makes....
Mr pearson Another first class tyre from Continental, ran these on 26" trail bike prior to converting to 29ers no problems fast rolling and grippy everything you need, I converted these to tubeless with no issues
Mr THORN Had Schwalbe Racing Ralph tyre before. Fancied going back to Continentals. Mountain King is on rear with Trail on the front. I seem to have more than enough grip and it seems to roll well. No complaints at all. Merlin supplied very quickly on a standard delivery.
talkmountain.bike Bought as a spare at a bargain price, currently using the same tyre on the rear of my bike and its been a excellent all round/general trail tyre so far. Grips when you need it but also has a fairly low rolling resistance on hard pack and tarmac. Its a pretty high volume tyre too so quite forgiving on rocks and big roots especially with ProTection.