- Tyres & Tubes
- Bike Tyres
- Mountain Bike tyres
- Continental Mountain King MK2 ProTection Folding MTB Tyre - 29"
Sorry, this product is no longer available!
Continental Mountain King MK2 ProTection Folding MTB Tyre - 29" is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
This item was discontinued 14th October 2016.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- Now firmly into the second period of its reign, the Mountain King II strengthens its rule over the all round trail bike market
- Superb braking traction and optimum cornering are guaranteed in all types of conditions
- The ProTection casing adds extra all-round puncture protection, leaving tread and sidewalls equally protected
- The tread lug arrangement was developed in collaboration with professional mountain bikers, resulting in an exceptionally light yet positively tough trail tyre
- Trail riders, Cross Country racers, Alpine tourists and Marathon riders - this is a serious intermediate tyre option
- Handmade in Germany
- Constructed from 4 plies, totalling 240 TPI
- Weight of 740 grams
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Wanted more grip than the X King its replacing for the muddy season. This does the job. Quality tyre, half price!
Fast rolling and increased traction in numerous conditions was my primary goals for new rubber on my 29'er. The Conti's do not disappoint, immediately on the first ride the noticeable difference was obvious. Backed with Protection and Chilli compound these are great tyres. My only issue was setting up as tubeless, they did require a little extra patience and effort to seat but hey tubeless wouldn't be tubeless without the frustrations. Merlin's delivery & service as always top notch 5/5.
Bought these to replace a set of manufacturer tyres that kept getting punctures. I found them easy to fit (running tubes) and so far grippy on dry rocky trails with no punctures. The conti web site suggests 50psi front and back!!! Bit too high I run 30 with no issues. Quality kit and very quick delivery from Merlin at a great price.
Good tyre for all round riding, reasonable weight, but I would go for a 2.4 for the front as they come up narrow. Could not get them to go up tubeless though, which has never been a problem with other makes....
Another first class tyre from Continental, ran these on 26" trail bike prior to converting to 29ers no problems fast rolling and grippy everything you need, I converted these to tubeless with no issues
Had Schwalbe Racing Ralph tyre before. Fancied going back to Continentals. Mountain King is on rear with Trail on the front. I seem to have more than enough grip and it seems to roll well. No complaints at all. Merlin supplied very quickly on a standard delivery.
Bought as a spare at a bargain price, currently using the same tyre on the rear of my bike and its been a excellent all round/general trail tyre so far. Grips when you need it but also has a fairly low rolling resistance on hard pack and tarmac. Its a pretty high volume tyre too so quite forgiving on rocks and big roots especially with ProTection.