Controltech EXL A/Head MTB Stem is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Controltech EXL A/Head MTB Stem
This item was discontinued 21st October 2023.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
The EXL range is for riders who want it all – elegant form and no-nonsense function – with zero compromise. Employing unidirectional carbon fiber, finely controlled to create strength, stiffness and vibration-damping compliance at exactly the locations and angles it’s needed, EXL sheds grams everywhere else. It’s a material that wastes nothing. EXL’s stiffness ensures every single watt of your power goes where it should – down into the ground – while tuned compliance means vibration can’t come back up. Hardwearing graphics, strong and reliable hardware and aerospace-grade alloy clamp components generate rugged off-road strength at road-race weights.
- Flips to give a 5º rise or drop
- Aligned fibers of unidirectional carbon deliver huge strength
- 3D forged faceplate is 6061 aluminium
- 6061 aluminium is alloyed with magnesium and silicon
- High strength and corrosion resistance
- Material is used in helicopter blades
- High-strength SCM-435 chromoly steel bolts for total security
- Material：Unidirectional carbon fiber and 6061 aluminum
- Bolts：SCM-435 chromoly steel
- Rise：+/- 5º
- Clamp Diameter：31.8mm
- Steerer Clamp：28.6mm
- Stack Height：40mm