The cockpit components include all the contact points between rider and bike - handlebars, saddle and pedals. Also in this category are the other essential parts including headsets and seatposts. Whether you are looking to upgrade your stock standard bike with some bling components, or replace worn headset or pedals, Merlin has a wide range of components from the worlds leading manufacturers including 3T, Deda, Hope, Speedplay, Look, Renthal and Race Face.
The cockpit components are the parts that finish your bike, they are also easily changed to help you get the perfect bike fit. Cockpit components are also the easiest ones to customise on your bike. Colour matching your bar tape or grips to the frame is a great place to start. Changing stem length, handlebar shape or saddle can add comfort and make longer rides much more enjoyable.
- Full aero bars or clip-on extensions. Get yourself into the Superman position for efficient time trialling and triathlon.
- Traditional slide-on and modern lock-on grips in all sorts of colours and styles.
- It's always nice to slap on some new bar tape. Treat yourself to some of the good stuff.
- Drop bars in carbon fibre or aluminium in all sorts of widths, drops and reach. Also includes integrated stem handlebars.
- Spacers, top caps, star fangled nuts and that sort of thing.
- Make sure you choose the right one! There are lots of different headset standards and they aren't interchangeable.
- Clipless pedals and cleats for Shimano, Look, Speedplay, Campagnolo, Time and many others.
- Saddles are a personal thing but more often than not it's getting the correct shape and support that's key, not going for the most padded one.
- Make sure you measure the outer diameter of your frame's seat tube. Don't just go off your seatpost's markings.
- Layback or inline? Alloy or carbon? Black or bling? We'll have a seat post to suit.
- Changing a stem can transform how a bike handles and fits. Different lengths, different rises, even different materials are available.