Enve 3.4 SES Clincher Road Wheelset - 700c
Enve 3.4 SES Clincher Road Wheelset With Enve Alloy Road Hubs
The Enve 3.4 SES Wheelset is a rim brake specific climbing wheel with an aero advantage. Ideal for road cyclists and racers who require maximum versatility for riding fast in the mountains or valleys. And with build options starting below 1,400g, aero doesn't need to cost you on the climbs.
The latest version of the SES 3.4 has been completely redesigned to balance speed, stability and rolling resistance to refine performance in all terrain and weather conditions. This includes the addition of ENVE’s full carbon moulded brake track, a textured surface with high-temperature resistance that achieves exceptional stopping power and equal performance in wet and dry conditions. The design also means braking force at the levers is decreased by 30% compared to the previous generation brake track, allowing you to control speed with confidence on twisting descents.
Like the rest of the SES range, the 3.4 derives its name from its rim depths – 38mm at the front and 42mm at the rear. Each wheel features patented dissimilar SES rim geometries that favour the airflow at the front and back of the bike respectively. The wider front rim aids crosswind stability while the narrower rear rim improves overall airflow attachment for better aerodynamics. Like all ENVE wheels, the SES 3.4 is handmade at ENVE headquarters in Utah, USA.
The clincher version of the SES 3.4 also utilises advances in road tyre and frame technologies to add user-friendly tubeless compatibility optimised for 25mm tyres. This gives real-world gains in rolling resistance, comfort, traction and reduced chances of pinch punctures.
- Climbing wheel with an aero advantage
- Rim brake design with full carbon moulded brake track
- Designed by aerodynamicist Simon Smart
- Tested in the Mercedes-AMG Petronas wind tunnel
- Used by Team Dimension Data at the Tour de France
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
- Rims handmade at Enve headquarters in Utah, USA
- Hubs handmade in Oregon, USA
- Moulded spoke holes
- Natural uni-directional carbon paint-free finish
- Rim: Carbon, Clincher
- Brake Surface: Disc brake
- Front Depth: 39mm
- Rear Depth: 42mm
- Width: 21mm Internal / 27.5mm External
- Front Axle: Enve Alloy Road
- Rear Axle: Enve Alloy Road
- Freehub: Shimano
- Count: 20
- Weight: 871g per pair without tyres
- Includes: Tubeless setup kit, Carbon Brake Pads, Skewers