Fizik R1 Road Cycling Shoe
Fi'zi:k is a specialist in products that govern the interface between man and machine: saddles, bar tape and shoes that work in harmony with you as you ride. In 1996 fi'zi:k set out on a journey to improve rider performance by producing saddles for superior ride comfort. In 2015, this same purpose drives fi'iz:k to produce shoes fit for high performance.
After dedicated Italian craftsmen have breathed life into eclectic raw materials, the resulting shoe extols all the virtues associated with a superb fit: maximising power transfer, while boasting a sharp aesthetic to boot!
The R1 is for the discerning road rider who demands the very best of everything. This shoe ensures the highest level of comfort due to its heat-mouldable insole, kangaroo leather and stiff carbon outsole.
- Stiff T700 Carbon Outsole (very stiff!)
- Kangaroo leather/nylon mesh upper (kangaroo leather is lighter, more supple and abrasion resistant than cow hide, fits like a glove and adapts to the shape of your foot).
- HexMC™ carbon fibre loading lever
- Sail cloth closure straps (this material doesn't stretch as it's made from Kevlar: excellent fit)
- Neutral fit to accommodate the majority of foot shapes
- Volume: low/medium/high
- SIDAS 3D Flex Custom Insole (when moulded, this conforms to the shape of your foot)
- Weight: 260g (size 43, without insole)