Fizik R5B Womens Road Cycling Shoe is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Fizik R5B Womens Road Cycling Shoe
This item was discontinued 27th January 2020.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
Fi'zi:k is a specialist in products that govern the interface between man and machine: saddles, bar tape and shoes that work in harmony with you as you ride. In 1996 fi'zi:k set out on a journey to improve rider performance by producing saddles for superior ride comfort. In 2015, this same purpose drives fi'iz:k to produce shoes fit for high performance.
After dedicated Italian craftsmen have breathed life into eclectic raw materials, the resulting shoe extols all the virtues associated with a superb fit: maximising power transfer, while boasting a sharp aesthetic to boot!
“Life is a road and the road is my life”. The Fi'zi:k Women's road shoe range has been designed specifically for women: the shoes are not simply small men's shoes! They have specifically-designed panelling in the upper, a narrower heel cup and lower forefoot volume.
The R5B is fi'zi:k's most accessible women's road shoe, inheriting many of its features from the R3B model. It's comfortable and lightweight, with a carbon-reinforced nylon outsole stiff enough for most. Many agree that it's hard to find an Italian-made road cycling shoe that looks as sharp. The BOA closure system is new for 2015.
Why use BOA?
- Glove-like fit: it provides custom comfort with smooth, even closure and no pressure points.
- Powerful closure: once locked into place, BOA reels and laces stay that way.
- Micro-adjustability: BOA reels offer seemingly infinite degrees of fine tuning.
- Quick on, quick off: BOA saves time when seconds count.
- On-the-fly adjustment: get easy, one-handed adjustment with a quick turn of the BOA dial.
- Durable: made from aircraft grade stainless steel, BOA laces are stronger per gram than tank armour.
- Lightweight: BOA closures shed water, mud and ice, shaving precious weight.
- Carbon-reinforced Nylon Outsole
- Laser-perforated Microtex upper (as used on fi'zi:k saddle covers: lighter than leather, very durable, good in wet conditions, breathable and cleans up well) with Reflective Inserts.
- BOA IP1 closure system (tri-modal: tighten, loosen and complete release)
- Neutral fit to accommodate the majority of foot shapes
- Volume: low/medium/high
- Fi'zi:k Cycling Insole
- Weight: 215g (size 38.5, without insole)