Formula Mega Front & Rear Disc Brake Set inc 6 bolt 180mm rotors
The MEGA uses a beefed up version of our 2 pcs caliper, but with 24mm diameter caliper pistons. Lots of power and an amazing value, this brake is the perfect brake if you want the performance of our high-end DH brakes at an entry level cost.
- Radial master cylinder.
- Patent-pending high capacity, integrated reservoir.
- Removable handlebar clamp.
- Flip-flop master cylinder assembly.
- 2-piece off-set caliper body. 24mm caliper pistons.
- Bottom vented caliper pistons and top vented caliper body for fast heat dissipation.
- Top mounting pads for quick pad changes.
- Post mount style w/adapters
- Supplied with 180mm rotors front and rear, 6 bolt fitting
- Supplied ready bled, ready to fit
- 180mm post mount front, 180mm IS mount rear. Will fit other mounts wit the correct bracket
- 850mm Front - 1350mm Rear Hose
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
So far so good! Only set rear one up so far due to time limits. Took bike out over Pennines and once bedded in the brake is perfect. Some on trail set up required after a bit of rub but I generally find this is required with all discs. Great buy for the price.
Bought to replace a set of Formula ORO K18's, these are very similar in feel but with slightly better modulation and more adjust-ability. So if you have used K18's and liked them you should be happy with the Mega's. Paint finish, as with all Formula products is a little flakey but overall build quality is probably above average. Hose length was spot on for my 17.5" Vitus Gravir, All spares are also readily available should you wreck anything (a word of caution-I have always found the heads of Formula bolts very easy to round out! - go easy). Probably a four star product at their RRP, but for the price Merlin are asking they are a bit of a bargain.
Excellent stopping power, easy to set up