Frog 48 Kids Bike
The Frog 48 has a lightweight aluminium frame and high quality frame and forks, great for the improving or cyclists growing in confidence. It has easy to grip Tektro brakes with adjustable levers for smaller hands and easily adjusted saddle height. Its hybrid tyres are suitable for road and off-road use. The locking headset means the handlebars have a steering limiter, which is safer for learners.
Comes with a bell, reflectors and mudguards as standard. Suitable for minimum inside leg of 48cm (around 4-5 years old), it has 16" wheels. Free 5 year warranty available on the frame and forks, 2 years on all other parts.
- Weight: 6.9 kg
- Fork: Aluminium Fork
- Frame: Aluminium 9.5" Frog 48 Frame
- Wheel Size: 16"
- Crank Set: Aluminium 114mm
- Chain Ring: Steel 34 Teeth
- Chain Guard: Integral Black Chain Guard
- Brakes: Tektro C310 Aluminium V-Brake Black
- Length of top tube: 374mm (horizontal distance from seat post to stem: 393mm)
- Stem: Frog Bikes Aluminium 35mm Stem
- Handlebar: Frog Bikes Aluminium Little Handlebars Width 440mm
- Grip: Frog Bikes Specific Slim Grips
- Saddle: Frog Bikes Saddle
- Seat Post: Aluminium, Quick Release
- Pedal: Plastic with Ball Bearings and Reflectors
- Wheelset: Aluminium 16" Single Speed
- Tyres: Kenda 16" x 1.5" hybrid tyres
- Mudguards: Plastic Mudguards front and rear
How to choose a Child's Bike
In contrast to many children's bikes, Frog bikes are sized by the length rather than age, as this is the most reliable way of getting the right size of bike for each child. Age alone isn't a reliable measure as there is a large spread of "normal" leg lengths & heights for age.
Please take the time to measure the rider's inside leg. It's easy to measure:
- Stand the child in socks against wall
- Place a small book between their legs, as high as is comfortable
- Ask the child to move away and measure from the top of the book to the floor
Once you have measured the inside leg, use this table to find the right size bike for your child. Note we give the MINIMUM inside leg length for each bike, with the saddle at it's lowest setting. At this height, the child will safely be able to get their feet to the ground. Don't worry - Frog Bikes have long seat posts, so the saddle can be raised a long way as the rider grows.
|Approx age||Wheel Size||Frame Size|
|Frog Road 58||58||6-7||20″||11″|
|Frog Road 67||67||8-12||24″||14″|
|Frog Road 70||70||11-14||26″||17″|
Of course all children have different length arms and torsos too, so to ensure a comfortable riding position, the handlebar height can be tailored, and saddles can be slid back and forwards on their rails.(These adjustments are easy to do and just need an allen key; instructions are in the manual that comes with each bike.