Frog 52 Kids Bike
The Frog 52’s hi-quality lightweight frame and forks, make this kid’s bike tough enough for wild cycling adventures in the woods! The Tektro brakes with adjustable levers designed for kid’s hands, 7-speed Shimano easy-twist gears and easily adjusted saddle height. The hybrid tyres are suitable for road and off-road use.
Comes with a bell, reflectors and mudguards as standard. Suitable for minimum inside leg of 52cm (around 5-6 years old), it has 20" wheels. Free 5 year warranty available on the frame and forks, 2 years on all other parts.
- Weight: 8.8 kg
- Fork: Aluminium Fork
- Frame: Aluminium 10" Frog 52 Frame
- Wheel Size: 20"
- Crank Set: 127mm Aluminium Black Crank
- Chain Ring: 36T
- Chain Guard: Integral Black Double Chain Guard
- Brakes: Tektro 836AL Aluminium V Brake Black
- Length of top tube: 449mm (horizontal distance from seat post to stem: 474mm)
- Stem: Frog Bikes Aluminium 40mm Stem
- Handlebar: Frog Bikes Aluminium Straight Handlebar Width 480mm
- Grip: Frog Bikes Specific Slim Grips
- Saddle: Frog Bikes Saddle
- Seat Post: Aluminium 250mm, Quick Release
- Pedal: Plastic with Ball Bearings and Reflectors
- Wheelset: Aluminium 20" Quick Release for easy removal of wheels
- Tyres: Kenda 20" x 1.5" hybrid
- Right Hand Gear Shifter: Shimano Revo Shifter - 7 Speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano TX35 - 7 Speed
- Mudguard: Plastic Mudguards front and rear
How to choose a Child's Bike
In contrast to many children's bikes, Frog bikes are sized by the length rather than age, as this is the most reliable way of getting the right size of bike for each child. Age alone isn't a reliable measure as there is a large spread of "normal" leg lengths & heights for age.
Please take the time to measure the rider's inside leg. It's easy to measure:
- Stand the child in socks against wall
- Place a small book between their legs, as high as is comfortable
- Ask the child to move away and measure from the top of the book to the floor
Once you have measured the inside leg, use this table to find the right size bike for your child. Note we give the MINIMUM inside leg length for each bike, with the saddle at it's lowest setting. At this height, the child will safely be able to get their feet to the ground. Don't worry - Frog Bikes have long seat posts, so the saddle can be raised a long way as the rider grows.
|Approx age||Wheel Size||Frame Size|
|Frog Road 58||58||6-7||20″||11″|
|Frog Road 67||67||8-12||24″||14″|
|Frog Road 70||70||11-14||26″||17″|
Of course all children have different length arms and torsos too, so to ensure a comfortable riding position, the handlebar height can be tailored, and saddles can be slid back and forwards on their rails.(These adjustments are easy to do and just need an allen key; instructions are in the manual that comes with each bike.