Frog 78 Kids Bike
This 26" wheel junior hybrid bike is a great multi-purpose bike suitable for juniors aged 13+ years old with a minimum inside leg of 78cm. Finshed off with the brilliant Shiamno 8 Speed gears that are opperated by the super easy thumb shifter.
- Frame: 6061 T6 heat treated, double butted aluminium
- Fork: 6061 T6 heat treated aluminium alloy
- Wheels: Frog Double wall - 26"
- Tyres: Kenda K154 Hybrid 26x1.5
- Gear Levers: Shimano Alivio M360 rapid fire
- Brake Levers: Frog Bikes designed Tektro easy reach
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus M310 8-speed
- Chainset: Frog Bikes patented - 34T - 155mm Length
- Cassette: Shimano Altus HG-31 - 11/32T
- Chain: KMC 8-speed
- Pedals: Frog Bikes composite pedal
- Saddle: Frog Bikes
- Seatpost: Aluminium micro adjust - 27.2mm
- Handlebars: Aluminium straight - 540mm
- Grips: Soft rubber
- Stem: Merlin Alloy Black
- Brake calipers: Tektro 836AL
- Weight: 10kg
How to choose a Child's Bike
In contrast to many children's bikes, Frog bikes are sized by the length rather than age, as this is the most reliable way of getting the right size of bike for each child. Age alone isn't a reliable measure as there is a large spread of "normal" leg lengths & heights for age.
Please take the time to measure the rider's inside leg. It's easy to measure:
- Stand the child in socks against wall
- Place a small book between their legs, as high as is comfortable
- Ask the child to move away and measure from the top of the book to the floor
Once you have measured the inside leg, use this table to find the right size bike for your child. Note we give the MINIMUM inside leg length for each bike, with the saddle at it's lowest setting. At this height, the child will safely be able to get their feet to the ground. Don't worry - Frog Bikes have long seat posts, so the saddle can be raised a long way as the rider grows.
|Approx age||Wheel Size||Frame Size|
|Frog Road 58||58||6-7||20″||11″|
|Frog Road 67||67||8-12||24″||14″|
|Frog Road 70||70||11-14||26″||17″|
Of course all children have different length arms and torsos too, so to ensure a comfortable riding position, the handlebar height can be tailored, and saddles can be slid back and forwards on their rails.(These adjustments are easy to do and just need an allen key; instructions are in the manual that comes with each bike.