Frog MTB 69 Kids Bike
This 26" wheel junior mountain bike is the ideal multi terrain bicycle for off-road cycling and suitable for 10-12 year olds with a minimum inside leg measure of 69cm. Supplied with super grippy Kenda tyres making sure you have grip in muddy conditions. Finshed off with the brilliant Shiamno 9 Speed rapid fire gears that are opperated by the super easy thumb shifter helping to go up and down the gear for hours of fun.
- Frame: 6061 T6 heat treated, double butted aluminium
- Fork: Frog Bikes junior specific 26" air suspension - 100mm Travel
- Wheels: Frog Double wall - 26"
- Tyres: Kenda K1153 MTB 26 x 1.95"
- Gear Levers: Shimano Acera SLM3000 Rapid fire - 9 Speed
- Brake Levers: Tektro HD-M282 junior specific 4 finger hydraulic disc
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera RD-M3000 Shadow RD - 9 Speed
- Chainset: Frog Bikes patented - 32T - 140mm Length
- Cassette: Shimano Alivio HG-400 12/36T
- Chain: KMC 9-speed
- Pedals: Frog Bikes composite pedal
- Saddle: Frog Slim
- Seatpost: Aluminium micro adjust - 27.2mm
- Handlebars: Uno straight - 560mm
- Grips: Soft rubber
- Stem: Uno - 60mm
- Brake calipers: Tektro hydraulic disc
- Weight: 11.4kg
How to choose a Child's Bike
In contrast to many children's bikes, Frog bikes are sized by the length rather than age, as this is the most reliable way of getting the right size of bike for each child. Age alone isn't a reliable measure as there is a large spread of "normal" leg lengths & heights for age.
Please take the time to measure the rider's inside leg. It's easy to measure:
- Stand the child in socks against wall
- Place a small book between their legs, as high as is comfortable
- Ask the child to move away and measure from the top of the book to the floor
Once you have measured the inside leg, use this table to find the right size bike for your child. Note we give the MINIMUM inside leg length for each bike, with the saddle at it's lowest setting. At this height, the child will safely be able to get their feet to the ground. Don't worry - Frog Bikes have long seat posts, so the saddle can be raised a long way as the rider grows.
|Approx age||Wheel Size||Frame Size|
|Frog Road 58||58||6-7||20″||11″|
|Frog Road 67||67||8-12||24″||14″|
|Frog Road 70||70||11-14||26″||17″|
Of course all children have different length arms and torsos too, so to ensure a comfortable riding position, the handlebar height can be tailored, and saddles can be slid back and forwards on their rails.(These adjustments are easy to do and just need an allen key; instructions are in the manual that comes with each bike.