Fulcrum Racing 5 LG Disc Road Wheelset - 2017
2017 Disc brake compatible version of the Fulcrum Racing 5 LG wheel
This new Racing 5 has been brought in for 2016 with the wider rim as on the standard 5 LG and of course now disc specific. They have been designed with a slightly wider rim to facilitate an easier fitting of 25c tyres. This means the rider can benefit from better comfort, better grip and slower tyre wear.
Racing 5 are designed for everyday use and training. An optimum proposal from Fulcrum which guarantees excellent quality.
- Oversized disc brake hub with oversized aluminium flange and sealed high-quality bearings ensure smoothness.
- The rear wheel incorporates a new single-piece body which embodies the freewheel body and pawl carrier in a single component resulting in a considerable weight reduction.
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheel, double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel. 21 spokes on front wheel, 21 on rear.
- Plasma treated HG freewheel
- The Racing 5's also have a deep upper bridge on the rim to facilitate clincher tyre fitting.
- Weight: Approx. 1715g
Mr VallUse these wheels on my CX Bike that I use mostly as a winter cycle with spike tyre. The wheels are much stiffer and its a remarkable difference from the Bontrager Mustang I was using before, specially in the climb. The finish is relatively nice, the labels is stickers on the rim. I'm waiting to the early spring to get the 28 tire on.