Fulcrum Racing Speed 55T Carbon Tubular Road Wheelset is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Fulcrum Racing Speed 55T Carbon Tubular Road Wheelset
This item was discontinued 24th October 2019.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
The Fulcrum Racing Speed 55T has a deep 55mm profile, one that offers not only extreme aerodynamic advantages but also a larger rotating mass capable of maintaining the high speeds of flatter races, time trials and triathlon cycling legs. Despite their deep profile seemingly adept at flatter terrains the 1280g weight for the pair make the 55T wheels a viable solution even for courses involving a great deal of climbing. The 24.2mm rim width makes these wheels perfect for 25 and 28mm tires, for surefooted high-speed descents and cornering. The rims have a 55mm profile and are supported by 18 radially-laced spokes in the front wheel and 21 in the rear with doubling on the freehub side using Fulcrum's Two-to-One technology.
- Full carbon 3K fibre rim gives the wheel an extremely high level of lateral stiffness and greater reactivity
- High Profile 55mm Carbon Tubular Rim for maximum aerodynamic penetration
- Carbon Hub body gives the wheel a high degree of lateral stiffness and reduces weight
- Oversized Flange on drive side increases torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke
- Cup & Cone bearings for easy ball-bearing adjustment – reduces possible ball-bearing play – precision operation – maintains performance over time
- Aluminium Axle reduces overall weight of the wheel
- Quick Release Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block
- Shimano 10/11 speed freehub body
- Front: 18 aero spokes, radially laced in stainless steel with variable cross-section
- Rear: 21 aero spokes in stainless steel with variable cross-section, doubled on the drive side (Two-to-One™)
- Weight: 1280g per pair
- Includes: Carbon Brake Pads