Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite Clincher Wheelset
RRP $1,093.74Save 10%
Total black: a new look, a new technology, a new way of living on the road. With the 'Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation' treated surface the aluminium core changes its soul.
The Racing Zero Nite is a new design with superb features:
- Plasma Treatment- This gives the wheel set an ‘all black’ look. The Plasma treatment process creates an extremely hard and wear resistant surface.
- New braking surface- The specially milled braking surface is Plasma treated allowing superior braking in wet conditions. The ‘grooves’ in the braking surface allow water to drain away increasing braking friction. Carbon brake pads must be used
- Plasma treated freehub. This removes 20g from the weight of the freehub.
- A carbon Hub with oversize flange is used creating a light weight but stiff hub.
- Differentiated rim heights – 25mm at front for optimal manoeuvrability; 30mm at rear for optimal power transfer
- Triple milling of the rim saves weight but also creates an aerodynamic profile. Reflective rim graphics add great contrast to the dark surface.
- Fulcrum Dynamic Balance keeps the Racing zero wheels perfectly stable but is achieved in the rim milling process rather than spokes in the Racing 5.
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheel double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel. 16 radial aero spokes on front wheel, 21 on rear.
- The Racing Zero Nite wheels feature Fulcrums USB ceramic bearings which are 30% lighter, 40% more resistant and 50% smoother compared to the steel bearings featured in the 3's 5's and 7's.
- Total Weight - 1420g
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Free shipping on this item to United States
KojiStiff and smooth. Best for climbing, better than my Zipp 202.
Mr sharpExtremely impressed done about 300 miles on these wheels so far super stiff and spin up far quicker than any wheel set I've owned previous braking is awesome with supplied pads on the Nite surface and no signs of any of the coating wearing this is my best wheel set so no intention of running it through the winter in the wet and cold
PadovaniAesthetically perfect, light, killer design, smooth ride, nice brake power! I'm in love with it.
Andy CThese are fabulous. Straight out of the box they look wonderful, frankly I thought they looked too good to actually use. I still can't bring myself to ride them in the wet! They roll beautifully, spin up very quick and respond to power very briskly. There are probably lighter wheels for climbing but that's being extremely picky. They come with nice looking skewers, wheel bags and some rim specific pads to avoid taking the rim treatment off but really they are fine with any carbon specific pads. I'm using the lifeline ones and have had excellent braking performance paired with ultegra calipers, no squealing. Love them!