Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite Clincher Wheelset & Continental GP4000sII Tyres
RRP $1,197.86Save 26%
Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite Clincher Wheelset complete with Continental GP4000sII 25mm Tyres & Tubes
The Racing Zero Nite is a new design with superb features:
- Plasma Treatment- This gives the wheel set an ‘all black’ look. The Plasma treatment process creates an extremely hard and wear resistant surface.
- New braking surface- The specially milled braking surface is Plasma treated allowing superior braking in wet conditions. The ‘grooves’ in the braking surface allow water to drain away increasing braking friction. Carbon brake pads must be used
- Plasma treated freehub. This removes 20g from the weight of the freehub.
- A carbon Hub with oversize flange is used creating a light weight but stiff hub.
- Differentiated rim heights – 25mm at front for optimal manoeuvrability; 30mm at rear for optimal power transfer
- Triple milling of the rim saves weight but also creates an aerodynamic profile. Reflective rim graphics add great contrast to the dark surface.
- Fulcrum Dynamic Balance keeps the Racing zero wheels perfectly stable but is achieved in the rim milling process rather than spokes in the Racing 5.
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheel double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel. 16 radial aero spokes on front wheel, 21 on rear.
- The Racing Zero Nite wheels feature Fulcrums USB ceramic bearings which are 30% lighter, 40% more resistant and 50% smoother compared to the steel bearings featured in the 3's 5's and 7's.
- Total Weight - 1420g
- Wheels come fitted with rim tapes, tubes abnd Continental GP4000s II tyres 25mm
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Free shipping on this item to United States
Mr ByfordThese wheels are just something else I didn't think a set of wheels could make so much difference. The ride is smooth, they do spin up very well. I was undecided between these and Mavics but I am very pleased. The tyres I know are highly rated by some but I am a little disappointed they appear to be quite a soft compound and I have noticed several little cuts in the rear tyre and suffered my first puncture for about 12 months ( I ride about 100 miles a week) I am also not a fair weather rider rain or shine, wind or no wind. Anyway the wheels I would recommend to anyone who has these in their price range. No squeaky brakes. No signs of any wear on the rims and they stop really well in both wet and dry. Oh also great price as always from Merlin and delivery was really quick!
Mr CollinsSo far so good. These Fulcrums are replacing a set of Mavic Ksyium SL which were great and super reliable. But the Fulcrums are surprisingly better, they feel stiffer, smoother and faster. A little heavier but I'll happily take that. If they stay as good as they are now I'll be over the moon. Only issue is the carbon brake pads which you go through super fast so order a second set with the wheels. Great service from Merlin with a great price etc. I did have to pay Taxes though which hurt the credit card.