Green Oil Ecological Chain Lube - 100ml is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Green Oil Ecological Chain Lube - 100ml
This item was discontinued 14th April 2015.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
What Mountain Bike's Gold Award winner, Green Oil wet chain lube is suitable for all riding conditions, whether riding over rocks, or just to the shops. Destroy limits, not nature!
Easy to Use ‘snap cap’. Simply twist and pull of in one go, it has a long nozzle, easy to get to hard to reach areas, and it can also be used for cables, brake leavers, bike locks and for other lube applications.
What can you expect from the Green Oil Ecological Chain Lube?
- 100 ml Wet Lube suitable for all riding conditions
- Made in Great Britain
- PTFE free – no carcinogens
- Biodegradable after use
- 100% Natural ingredients (No Palm oil, only sustainable sources)
- 100% recycled plastic bottle
- What Mountain Bike's Gold Award winner
How to apply:
1. Ensure the your bike is secure
2. Preferably clean the chain first, and dry. (A wipe down with a rag is better than nothing)
3. Work out how many times you need to spin the cranks for one chain circulation - Slowly turn the cranks backwards, watching a single chain link go all the way around.
4. Apply Green Oil to the top part of the bottom half of the chain (if that doesn't make sense, hopefully the diagram below does!). Apply to one length of the chain. Apply to the 'rollers', the cylinders on the chain.
5. Carefully spin the cranks a few times.
6. Wipe off excess from the outside of the chain with a rag. It’s most important to have lube between the links of the chain, rather than on the outside.
NB. If there is snow, it is not recommend not doing part 6, and putting two layers of Green Oil on, ensuring the whole chain is coated. Salt on the roads means you need extra protection, as salt causes rust- so lots and lots of chain oil is a good thing in these conditions. Generally though a thin layer is cleaner and more efficient.
Recycling information: Green Oil UK Limited will pay you 20p in cash for your old Green Oil chain lube bottle. This concept is widespread in most countries where deposit bottles are used for beer and other drinks, but lagging in Great Britain currently. We're bringing back! See Green Oil at the next trade show for your 20p in cash!
You can of course though recycle your Green Oil bottle. The cap is made of polypropylene - plastic type 5, so most councils in the UK don't take plastic type five and therefore the cap. Please clean and recycle your bottle after removing the cap. Here are the recycling codes:
Designed by a rider, for the rider
Shipping charges for this item to United States: $7.31