Hope Tech 3 X2 Disc Brake - Colours is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
Hope Tech 3 X2 Disc Brake - Colours
This item was discontinued 15th June 2023.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
We have kept the key features of the Tech Evo master cylinder and worked to improve the ergonomics and integration on the handlebars. The Tech 3 master cylinder can operate all the calipers from our range and offers a slight increase of power of about 5% over the Tech Evo.
Popular design features of Tech Evo remain the same, such as the reach and bite point control (BPC)adjustability. The piston is actuated by a cam and a roller system to eliminate any free play and initial friction. The classic split clamp design makes the master cylinder easy to install on the handlebars without having to remove anything else.
Hope Tech 3 - Some riders have previously commented on the relative bulkiness of the Tech and Tech Evo master cylinders,
sometimes making it hard to fit the master cylinder around already clogged up handlebars (shifters, fork and shock lockouts, telescopic seat post controls etc).
Hope have worked hard to make the new Tech 3 master cylinder easier to integrate on the bars although it does entail losing the ambidextrous design. The Tech 3 master cylinder is now directly compatible with any Shimano I-Spec type shifter meaning no extra mount is required to attach the shifter to the master cylinder. For those using SRAM shifters we have designed a slick and minimalistic direct mount adaptor.
- This neat, slimline caliper optimises the very latest COSMOS Works FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software to reduce unnecessary weight, improve aesthetics and create a high performance partnership with the Tech Evo Lever.
- The caliper is machined from a solid billet of 2014 T6 aircraft spec aluminium alloy and an increased piston diameter,generating more usable braking force on the rotor.
- A drip free bleed nipple and wide angle orientation of the fluid inlet connector have also been added, allowing for neater hose routing and cleaner servicing.
Tech 3 X2 - Specification
- 'On the fly' BPC (bite point control) and Reach adjustment
- Direct compatibility with Shimano I-Spec shifter
- Direct mount available for SRAM shifters
- 5% power increase over TECH Evo master cylinder
- Handed master cylinders for better integration on the handlebars
- New piston dust cover design
- New reservoir diaphragm design
CNC machined in Barnoldswick, England
- 9.74 caliper with all mount options
- 2014 T6 aluminium alloy
- Wide angle hose connector mount
- Top entry pad fitting
- Fixed or floating rotor
- Black or braided hose
- 140, 160, 183mm rotor sizes
- Weight: from 340g
- The Tech 3 X2 - perfect for all XC and light freeride
- Applications, this brake is a perfect blend of power, low weight and adjustability.