- Road & MTB Components
- Gears & Drive Chain
- Front Derailleurs
- Road Bike Front Derailleurs
- K-Edge Braze-On Double Chain Catcher
Sorry, this product is no longer available!
K-Edge Braze-On Double Chain Catcher is no longer available at Merlin Cycles. However you may find an alternative or updated product below.
This item was discontinued 11th February 2016.
If you require help finding an alternative to this product please contact customer services.
- A simple precision-made component that provides valuable insurance against front derailleur malfunctions
- Used to good effect by top professional riders in the Olympic games, World Championships, Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, Paris Roubaix, and many more
- It acts a ramp to guide your chain and virtually eliminates the possibility of your chain dropping off the small chainring onto the bottom bracket, helping to protect your frame and keep you in gear
- Highly recommended to prevent structural damage to carbon and aluminium frames, but also protects the finish of any other frame material
- Complete with all mounting hardware and longer bolts for Shimano, Campagnolo, and SRAM derailleurs, including a radius washer with a secure mounting interface for effective performance
- Fits onto braze-on frame mounts or a clamp-on front derailleur mount
- Designed to work with all double chainring bikes
- Made from 6061 T6 heat treated aluminium
- Adds only 10 grams of weight
- K-Edge products are proudly CNC machined in the USA and have a Lifetime warranty: you break it, well replace it
Please enter your e-mail address below then click Notify Me
to be notified when this item comes back into stock. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose.
Fantastic, attractive and gets the job done.
Does exactly what it is designed for. Superb. Tested on Paris Roubaix cobbles.
Simple product that could save thousands on a wrecked frame. I have a couple of situations where my chain has come off and become immediately stuck between cog and frame. A lot of effort to get free and would have caused significant damage had I not had a factory installed "sticker" to limit this effect. Sticker soon worked free from all the hard work and I replaced with this. No issues yet, but not sure whether that is because it is doing its job or whether it hasn't happened yet! Either way I have confidence this will do the job.
I've run one of these for a couple of years now: no dropped chains yet but it's reassuring to know it's there protecting my carbon BB! A study in minimalism!
A great little piece of kit, easy to fit and my chain hasn't come off since fitted.
Easy to install, effective in what it's supposed to do - prevent your chain from slipping off down to the frame/bb area when you jump to your small chainring. I haven't dropped a chain since installing this little baby! Quick no-brainer install.
It looks awesome (i got red) and the price from Merlin Cycles really is unbeatable! Highly Recommended product and Seller.
Does what it says on the tin... Stops the chain from hitting your expensive frame. Doddle to attach to a braze on frame fits both mech and electronic with different size bolts
A sinch to fit and adjust and will keep your chain where it belongs, also very light so the weight weanies out there wont notice it too much.
A chain does not fall off if I use this
Great item. Looks good and fits easily.
Fiddly to fit but nice looking product
I used the K-Edge chain catcher to upgrade my 2010 SRAM Red FD. The other options are the offerings by Token (cheaper), RotoR (not widely available) and SRAM itself (more expensive and not widely available yet).
The K-Edge version comes with two bolts, and the longer one works for SRAM derailleurs - I am told that the Token chain catcher does not come with a long enough bolt which means you have to buy one, negating any cost advantage.
I got the gunmetal grey option, which matches the SRAM kit well, colour-wise.
Brilliant item works real well and everyone who has seen it has gone on to buy them as well.
Fit and forget insurance from inner ring chain drop damage to the frame. The long Shimano fit bolt installs without hassle. However for Ultegra Di2 the bolt is too long. Needs to shim out with a couple of washers.
Brilliant - does exactly what it says on the tin! Peace of mind with the new carbon frame for the sake of a couple of extra grammes.
Simple effective solution. Lots of adjustability, so should fit pretty much any setup.
Great product, great price and quick delivery - well chuffed with Merlin again.