Kinesis CX Race Frameset
Kinesis CX Race Frameset
Kinesis have combined there flagship Cyclo-cross alloy frame with a full carbon monocoque from leading fork manufacturer Columbus. The CX Race is fitted with the all new Columbus Futura Cross fork. The CX Race masses of tyre clearance, internal routing, adjustable offset, all wrapped up in a lightweight package.
As well as internally routed brake hose routing, the CX Race now has internal routing for the gear cable or Di2 routing, giving cleaner look throughout the frame. Kinesis have fitted two bottle cage mounts, one on the downtube and one underneath the down tube. This will make the CX Race more versatile for use on gravel events or longer CX rides.
The CX Race has Kinesis Rider Fit Geometry, meaning all sizes from the smallest to the largest will handle in the same way. Geometry throughout the sizes has been based around stack and reach ensuring that there is a frame that fits everyone. The 3 smallest sizes now have semi-sloping top tubes
- Frame Material: Super Plastic Formed Scandium alloy
- Fork Material: Columbus Futura carbon monocoque fork
- Internal routing for brakes and gears
- 142x12mm Thru Axle rear spacing
- 100x12mm Thru Axle front fork
- GW ‘Switch Lever’ axles front and rear
- Clearance for up to 38c tyres
- Electronic / Wireless / mechanical 1x compatible
- Two bottle cage mounts
- 68mm threaded BB
- 31.6mm seat post required
- Kinesis designed tapered headset with ACB bearings
- Warranty: 5 years
- Frame supplied with fork, headset, seat clamp, front & rear through axle, Switch lever, frame ports and cable guides.
Mr Ellis Awesome frameset, great combo of light weight, racy geometry and decent tyre clearance. Be aware that the frame may need the bottom bracket facing and the use of a split crown race or the fork crown facing. I just split the supplied crown race. Overall very pleased with the frame and its hard to think of any reasonably priced alternatives. 👍
adrian This frame means business from the offset. The finish and quality are impressive,especially the accessories you need for building your new weapon( cable mounts,headset, seat clamp etc) I am particularly impressed with the Columbus Futura fork( these are €300 on their own!) And the ability to' flip chip' the fork offset. Built into a bike I was amazed by the speed of acceleration and superb handling, I really felt connected to the bike.I researched a lot of frame geometry options of other bikes / frames the CX race was the best in terms of head angle and seat stay length also weight and value. It also looks really good with the pink highlights #crossiscoming