Kinesis GTD Titanium Road Disc Frameset
The GTD Titanium road frameset is the natural evolution of Kinesis’ multi award winning GF-Ti frameset, the ultimate Gran Fondo bike. The GTD is not just a Sunday best bike, it is the perfect Audax or fast paced touring bike. Comfortable, fast and adaptable the GTD is designed to take on everything from a local Sportive to an Intercontinental race epic like the TCR.
For the GTD Kinesis have drawn on our years of experience working with titanium to create a new custom drawn 3Al/2v seamless tubeset from one of the leading titanium suppliers. The GTD features the same fast, yet comfortable geometry as its predecessor, the GF_Ti Disc. However it now has increased tyre clearance, Thru Axle front and rear, and an overall lower frame weight. Kinesis’ experience shows at the rear of the GTD where they’ve curved the seat stays giving a beautifully compliant rear end, whilst straightening the chain stays to stiffen the frame laterally and including flat mounts for disc brakes for a more compact fit inside the stays.
The GTD features 12mm Thru Axles front and rear, using an exclusive Kinesis Tracer Disc Thru Axle carbon monocoque fork. In Kinesis’ search for improvement over the GF_Ti they partnered with GW engineering to use their patented ‘Switch Lever’ Thru Axle featuring a removable lever, giving the GTD a much cleaner, less cluttered look. As with our other Kinesis frames, the GTD uses adaptable cable ports which allows you to build your frame with exactly the right cable routing, whether you are running Di2 or mechanical gearing with either a 1x or 2x set up.
The frame has the full compliment of bottle mounts, rack mounts, mudguard mounts and a chain pip on the seat stay, details to make riding and travelling with your bike better.
With a replaceable rear derailleur hanger that’s integrated into both the Thru Axle and the dropout of the frame Kinesis have increased the rigidity of the rear hanger, without compromising its ability to break away in an emergency, giving you tight and precise shifting. The custom dropouts are CNC machined from solid billet titanium and feature a discreet Di2 routing hole, for super clean cable routing.
• Custom drawn 3Al 2.5v titanium tubing
• Kinesis Tracer Disc carbon monocoque fork 1.5 tapered
• GW Tapered headset with ACB Bearings
• 142x12mm Thru Axle rear spacing
• 100x12mm Thru Axle front fork
• GW ‘Switch Lever’ axles front and rear
• Clearance for up to 34c tyres
• Clearance for up to 30c tyres with guards
• Di2 / 1x / 2x mechanical compatible
• Two bottle cage mounts
• Mudguard and rack mounts
• 68mm threaded BB
• 31.6mm seat post required
• Colour: Brushed natural Ti with laser etched down tube
• Sizes: 48 / 51 / 54 / 55.5 / 57 / 60 / 63
• Warranty: 5 years
• Frame supplied with fork, Titanium seat clamp, front & rear through axles, frame ports and cable guides