Kinesis Maxlight Boost 27.5" Wheels- 2016
Wider (40mm external) rim works well with larger volume plus tyres.
Switching to wider rims increases the distance between the bead seats and has the additional benefit of flattening out the tyre’s sidewalls, giving the tyre more support, and helping it to resist rolling or squirming at low pressures.
Lower pressures can often be used which leads to better traction, control and comfort.
- Tubeless compatibility on all new Maxlight wheels.
- Thru axles increase rigidity. Boost 148mm (rear) and Boost 110mm (front).
- 32 Hole drillings and 3 x Lacing. Robust build for UK riding.
- Double-butted spokes: These are lightweight spokes that are thinner in the middle (e.g. going from 2mm to 1.8mm and back to 2mm again) to save weight and reduce ride firmness, without compromising on wheel strength.
- Alloy nipples reduce weight at the crucial point of the wheel to help acceleration.
- Tubeless Compatible Rim 6061H.
- 27.5" (650b).
- Sleeve joint.
- Depth 18mm, Ext Width 40mm, Int Width 35mm.
- Thru axle :110mm x 15mm front.
- Thru axle: 148mm x 12mm rear.
- 10-11 speed Shimano freehub.
- Centrelock disc mount.
- Sealed cartridge bearings.
- Lock Rings included.
- Double butted black spokes (32h).
- Black alloy nipples.
Please note: These wheels are only suitable for frames with +size wheels